Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

BootLoxes

macrumors 6502a
Apr 15, 2019
Looks good to me
72C9A703-587E-4616-BBF5-BD5C3F18B241.jpeg

gkarris

macrumors G3
Original poster
Dec 31, 2004
"No escape from Reality...”
Can't wait t pre-order!!!!!

The new Halo game is going to be epic.... I also got to half a mind to buy a new 84 inch Samsung QLED and to take a week off of work

Smh... I was supposed to be saving money.... yolo

It will be crazy - like that one year where Xbox and Playstation released a week apart... :eek:

Their naming scheme just keeps getting worse and worse...

There's supposed to be a "cheaper" model (Anaconda) coming out as well.

Maybe they'll just update the Xbox One X to to 8Tflops and SSD (so it reaches the 4k/30)... Supposedly $399. Whereas the Series X will come in at $499.

Hence the "X series", maybe they took their cue from Apple?

Now the day after, Gamestop has Xbox One X's for $349 plus two game downloads plus a $50 gift card...

Meh, hard sell now anyways...

Last edited:
Reactions: Donfor39

TopherMan12

macrumors 6502a
Oct 10, 2019
Atlanta, GA
Still can't get my head wrapped around the name. So it is a single console called "Series X"? They do know what the word "series" means, right? That's just terrible. That is even worse than Xbox "One".

Reactions: compwiz1202

Khalanad75

macrumors 6502a
Jul 8, 2015
land of confusion
So looking forward to it. I'll pass my One X onto my son and my daughter can have my old One that he currently uses when she heads off to college.

I don't mind the tower one bit, and I am sure it's going to be quiet like the one X is.

Cancelled
Jul 12, 2016
Probably a "continuation" of the Xbox One X...

It’s not a continuation, it’s a ‘Series’, thus bridging a new platform from this console itself moving forward. There’s quite a few podcasts that have already discussed this exact topic.

So looking forward to it. I'll pass my One X onto my son and my daughter can have my old One that he currently uses when she heads off to college.

I don't mind the tower one bit, and I am sure it's going to be quiet like the one X is.

Regarding the tower design, it can also be in a horizontal platform versus vertical. Which is nice if you’re confined for space depending where you place it. But was impressive, it’s _four_ times as powerful as the Xbox one X. Which also includes improved audio, 4K/60fps performance with Zen 2/RDNA architecture from AMD, leveraging hardware-accelerated ray tracing, GDDR6 memory, and NVMe solid-state storage.

Yeah...I’ll be upgrading to this monster from X Box one X...:cool:

Oh, and GameSpot was mentioning on a podcast that the fan is supposed to be just as quiet as the Xbox one X, according to Phil Spencer.

Cancelled
Jul 12, 2016
It is a Series, but it is one console?

The rumor is according to another podcast that Microsoft is following what Apple does in terms of offering different series of products like the Apple Watch Series/iPhone ‘S’ moniker. For example: The next model Xbox would be like a middle ground console similar to what the PlayStation 4 Pro is, which essentially was a ‘stop gap’.

But my own personal theory, try not to read too much into the Microsoft Console moniker, it probably doesn’t really mean that much in terms of what they may or may not do, it’s more less marketing tactics, but they are probably setting the groundwork for the future of what they’re naming scheme is.

TopherMan12

macrumors 6502a
Oct 10, 2019
Atlanta, GA
The rumor is according to another podcast that Microsoft is following what Apple does in terms of offering different series of products like the Apple Watch Series/iPhone ‘S’ moniker. For example: The next model Xbox would be like a middle ground console similar to what the PlayStation 4 Pro is, which essentially was a ‘stop gap’.

But my own personal theory, try not to read too much into the Microsoft Console moniker, it probably doesn’t really mean that much in terms of what they may or may not do, it’s more less marketing tactics, but they are probably setting the groundwork for the future of what they’re naming scheme is.

That makes more sense, but I can't help Microsoft is over-complicating things like they did with Xbox One.

Cancelled
Jul 12, 2016
That makes more sense, but I can't help Microsoft is over-complicating things like they did with Xbox One.

Oh definitely, and Sony is just as bad. They named the PlayStation 4 ‘Pro’, which again is nothing more than a marketing scam to draw in the consumer to see their middle GEN Console they were offering two years ago. To me, Microsoft and Sony are just trying to use ‘branding power’ to boast their consoles, but what it really comes down to, is the specifications for those that really know what they’re purchasing.

But I would say 2020 is shaping up to be a massive year for games with near consoles, (especially with the first quarter with three major titles releasing), then in the fourth quarter, the new GEN consoles. Probably one of biggest years of gaming ever in my opinion.

Get ready for E3 2020, it’s going to be staggering once these consoles display what they’re capable of for demos.

TopherMan12

macrumors 6502a
Oct 10, 2019
Atlanta, GA
Oh definitely, and Sony is just as bad. They named the PlayStation 4 ‘Pro’, which again is nothing more than a marketing scam to draw in the consumer to see their middle GEN Console they were offering two years ago. To me, Microsoft and Sony are just trying to use ‘branding power’ to boast their consoles, but what it really comes down to, is the specifications for those that really know what they’re purchasing.

But I would say 2020 is shaping up to be a massive year for games with near consoles, (especially with the first quarter with three major titles releasing), then in the fourth quarter, the new GEN consoles. Probably one of biggest years of gaming ever in my opinion.

Get ready for E3 2020, it’s going to be staggering once these consoles display what they’re capable of for demos.

Well, I'm specifically talking about Xbox One's launch. PS4 was a extremely straight-forward console until they released the Pro. Xbox One had to go through a transformation long before they launched X and S. This "series" name is going to be confusing to a lot of people. I think it would have been better to go the simple route.

Last edited:

Suture

macrumors 65816
Feb 22, 2007
Wonder if they'll finally move to SSDs. Obviously would increase the price, but wow, what a difference. I have a 500GB SSD in a USB 3 enclosure connected to my Xbox One X. The load times for The Division 2 were drastically cut down.

gkarris

macrumors G3
Original poster
Dec 31, 2004
Wonder if they'll finally move to SSDs. Obviously would increase the price, but wow, what a difference. I have a 500GB SSD in a USB 3 enclosure connected to my Xbox One X. The load times for The Division 2 were drastically cut down.

Yes, and the OS and games will be optimized for it for background loading for seamless gameplay (no more loading or fake loading screens).

Reactions: compwiz1202

Cancelled
Jul 12, 2016
Well, I'm specifically talking about Xbox One's launch. PS4 was a extremely straight-forward console until they released the Pro. Xbox One had to go through a transformation long before they launched X and S. This "series" name is going to be confusing to a lot of people. I think it would have been better to go the simple route.

Yeah, I got off track there. And you’re right, the PS4 was more sensible until they used ‘Pro’ (Which there wasn’t anything Pro about that console.) But anyways, I think the marketing is considered confusing for the Xbox Series, but I think the hype will be so big for this new console, consumers probably won’t care. Once Microsoft has more opportunities to demo what it’s capable of doing, the focus will be on the performance aspect v.s. just the title.

Side note:

I’ve owned almost every console there is known to a gamer, but this new Series X has me sold entirely. (No, I’m not a shill, even if my avatar might suggest that.😁)

Not to mention the PS5 I’ll be adding, holiday 2020 will not be cheap.

TopherMan12

macrumors 6502a
Oct 10, 2019
Atlanta, GA
Yeah, I got off track there. And you’re right, the PS4 was more sensible until they used ‘Pro’ (Which there wasn’t anything Pro about that console.) But anyways, I think the marketing is considered confusing for the Xbox Series, but I think the hype will be so big for this new console, consumers probably won’t care. Once Microsoft has more opportunities to demo what it’s capable of doing, the focus will be on the performance aspect v.s. just the title.

Yeah.....the naming will work itself out. The next key is going to be the price and launch lineup. I'm guessing we find that out at E3.

Side note:

I’ve owned almost every console there is known to a gamer, but this new Series X has me sold entirely. (No, I’m not a shill, even if my avatar might suggest that.?)

lol....rock on, man. I hope both PS and Xbox have kick a$$ launches next year.

gkarris

macrumors G3
Original poster
Dec 31, 2004

Side note:

I’ve owned almost every console there is known to a gamer, but this new Series X has me sold entirely. (No, I’m not a shill, even if my avatar might suggest that.?)

The only thing I'm reluctant about is like in the 3DO days, Devs made almost everything with Video because it was "the thing"...

Hope Devs don't overdo this "ray-tracing" thing just doing it in games for the sake of doing it.

If they do, hopefully there's a setting to turn it down/off so you can get the maximum framerate in the game...

TopherMan12

macrumors 6502a
Oct 10, 2019
Atlanta, GA
The only thing I'm reluctant about is like in the 3DO days, Devs made almost everything with Video because it was "the thing"...

Hope Devs don't overdo this "ray-tracing" thing just doing it in games for the sake of doing it.

If they do, hopefully there's a setting to turn it down/off so you can get the maximum framerate in the game...

Devs certainly have bad habit of "overdoing" things. The motion control fiasco with the Wii, PS Move, and Kinect comes directly to mind. I'm with you. I'll take superior framerate over what usually amounts to slightly better visuals any day.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.