Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.
Status
The first post of this thread is a WikiPost and can be edited by anyone with the appropiate permissions. Your edits will be public.

AZhappyjack

macrumors G3
Jul 3, 2011
Happy Jack, AZ
Well I'm running the latest iOS 13.1 on my XS and so far every app, even ones that haven't been updated specifically for ios13 are working...

Developers can update their apps to work with iOS 13.x, but they have to use the SDK from the currently released version of iOS... they can be creative with work-arounds, etc... and not every API call is changed with each new release... so many of the apps will continue to work on the beta releases with minor issues or no issues at all. It all depends on what the app is doing, what APIs it's using and what Apple has done to modify or deprecate those API calls.

I can guarantee you that none of those apps are using the iOS 13.x SDK... Apple will not approve them for release until iOS 13.x is released.

adrianlondon

macrumors 603
Nov 28, 2013
Switzerland
I have a couple of apps that, in iOS12, could open gpx files from the Files app (via the share sheet) or simply clicking on email attachments. At the moment, those apps don't show in the share sheet and although the file icon is the relevant app icon, there's no way to get the app to open the file.

I assume this is one of those "needs to be recompiled against iOS13" or whatever it is app developers do.

ant the ninja

macrumors 6502a
Nov 21, 2012
Developers can update their apps to work with iOS 13.x, but they have to use the SDK from the currently released version of iOS... they can be creative with work-arounds, etc... and not every API call is changed with each new release... so many of the apps will continue to work on the beta releases with minor issues or no issues at all. It all depends on what the app is doing, what APIs it's using and what Apple has done to modify or deprecate those API calls.

I can guarantee you that none of those apps are using the iOS 13.x SDK... Apple will not approve them for release until iOS 13.x is released.

I wonder if this could be why I’m not getting push notifications on Instagram?

rbf1138

macrumors 6502a
Dec 22, 2007
Links to Twitter in iMessage are no longer opening in Twitter. Instead they're opening in Safari. From what I understand this is a Twitter issue?

rbf1138

macrumors 6502a
Dec 22, 2007
Edison Mail is not displaying any badges to reflect unread emails until you go into the app and manually refresh the inbox. Super annoying to not know there are new emails.

Just sayin...

macrumors 6502
Jan 8, 2008
I'm on 13.0:
MyFitnessPal - now crashes 1-2 times per day
Google Wifi - loses connection to network several times per use
OpenTable - Very slow to connect to servers
Apple Maps - Very slow to load content, some road names now wrong

gank41

macrumors 68040
Mar 25, 2008
The Disney World app still hasn’t been updated, and continues to crash on the new iPhone 11 Pro Max on both iOS 13 and 13.1

Djuks500

macrumors newbie
Sep 21, 2019
I am not getting any notification (instagram, messenger, viber...) after update. I think that app background refresh doesn't work

ACVMAC2019

macrumors newbie
Sep 21, 2019
After updating to iOS13 on the iPhone XR, the bank of America app will not allow you to login. The same password is works on the iMac and iPad but not on the iPhone XR (iOS13).

Diiiiips

macrumors regular
Mar 2, 2011
Something broken with media apps and the Watch? I was playing a podcast through Overcast in my car (Bluetooth not Carplay) but the usual 'now playing' icon didn't appear on my watch.

Running iOS 13 on an XR but watchOS 5.

EM2013

macrumors 68020
Sep 2, 2013
Music app - New songs show up under ‘recently added’ but when you go to downloaded music and they don’t show up under ‘recently downloaded’

iGeneo

macrumors demi-god
Jul 3, 2010
In 13.1 and a Pro 11, I have an issue with the Home App. With Haptic touch, I press the app icon and choose a scene, it does not launch that scene, but rather just launches the Home app...

Anyone else seeing this?

Reported via feedback app

Last edited:
Reactions: gank41

gank41

macrumors 68040
Mar 25, 2008
In 13.1 and a Pro 11, I have an issue with the Home App. With Haptic touch, I press the app icon and choose a scene, it does not launch that scene, but rather just launches the Home app...

Anyone else seeing this?

Reported via feedback app

Yeah, I’m seeing the same thing.

Reactions: iGeneo

jivupix

macrumors newbie
Dec 5, 2012
Contrary to the list on P1 Santander (UK) works fine for me on IOS13, as does Airport Utility!

Aniseedvan

macrumors 65816
May 14, 2012
UK
I see Skype for Business is reported as working. The icon has disappeared out of the folder it was in but the phone still thinks it’s installed. I’ve rebooted twice, no joy. How can I uninstall an app that’s in this weird state?!

apolloa

Suspended
Oct 21, 2008
Time, because it rules EVERYTHING!
You Tube won’t stay in memory no matter what you do, with iOS 12 I could start a video, lock my phone and return to the video later as it would open back to that video. In 13.1 it constantly reloads every time you go back to the app no matter what! In fact I’d say a lot apps are possibly reloading now?
Seems 13.1 has memory management issues.....

Last edited:

Diamond Dog

Cancelled
Apr 6, 2018
If I try to share anything (picture from Photos, link from Safari, etc.) to Outlook using the share sheet, the screen blips like it's trying to send it to Outlook, but then I'm bounced back to the share sheet. Anybody else experiencing this, or able to test iOS 12 vs 13? Trying to figure out if I need to report to Apple or Microsoft.

tqlos

macrumors newbie
Sep 25, 2019
I'm having a couple issues with Scrivener. When trying to sync with Dropbox, it crashes after working for a minute or two on the "Downloading File List" step. The Settings app also crashes if I try to go into the Scrivener "Sync & Sharing" section. This has happened on both 13 and 13.1.

Snapseed was working on 13 before updating to 13.1, but now will only open my most recent photo, and when I try to open another photo, it gives an error that says "Could not load image."

Chris Newbold

macrumors member
Sep 22, 2014
Reminders - if I add a reminder to my default personal list that isn’t my exchange work list, I don’t see the exchange option to move it to the exchange list anymore

TH3D4RKKN1GH7

macrumors 6502a
Mar 25, 2009
Music app - New songs show up under ‘recently added’ but when you go to downloaded music and they don’t show up under ‘recently downloaded’

I can’t even add songs to my library or playlist. I click add and they just never show up there. Annoying AF.

Sparky2012

macrumors 6502
Jul 16, 2012
United Kingdom
BBC Sport app will not play radio/audio in the background for any longer than a minute. If the user remains on the app there are no issues. Using an iPhone 11 Pro Max and issue still persists from original iOS 13 to 13.1.2 even after an app reinstall.

2Xtreme21

macrumors regular
Nov 25, 2013
Anyone having problems with Slingplayer since updating? Was fine throughout the beta, but seems like as of 13.1.2 it won’t connect to my Slingbox any longer.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.