Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.
Status
The first post of this thread is a WikiPost and can be edited by anyone with the appropiate permissions. Your edits will be public.

gank41

macrumors 601
Mar 25, 2008
The bigger question for me is why doesn't it work? is Disney using private API's - because at this stage of the game the public ones should be stable. And I am well aware that this is a beta period and we should expect things to break - but when every single app I have works find except this one it makes me question - as a programmer - what Disney is doing - I suspect they are using private api's which is never a good thing to do. if true I'd be very curious why they are doing that.

For me, any time I select a different section in the Disney World App, I get a pop up about using iOS13 and beta yadda yadda yadda.. I'd assume that they're aware that their app isn't working and ARE working on it, but probably can't release a stable version for iOS 13 yet due to Apple not accepting these for the App Store yet...

Reactions: moyjoy

AZhappyjack

macrumors G3
Jul 3, 2011
Happy Jack, AZ
The bigger question for me is why doesn't it work? is Disney using private API's - because at this stage of the game the public ones should be stable. And I am well aware that this is a beta period and we should expect things to break - but when every single app I have works find except this one it makes me question - as a programmer - what Disney is doing - I suspect they are using private api's which is never a good thing to do. if true I'd be very curious why they are doing that.

If you read through the release notes for any given beta release, Apple identifies what they have changed - including what APIs are deprecated in that release... many times, Apple changes the way things are done, and adds new APIs while removing others... if an app uses an API that is deprecated in the new release, that part of the app will stop working. Sometimes, a developer can work around a few deprecated APIs by recoding the offended part of the app... sometimes it requires replacing the deprecated API with the new API ... but that new API would not be available to be released because of the iOS 13/13.1 embargo, pending GM release.

Last edited:
Reactions: gank41

gank41

macrumors 601
Mar 25, 2008
If you read through the release notes for any given beta release, Apple identifies what they have changed - including what APIs are deprecated in that release... many times, Apple changes the way things are done, and adds new APIs while removing others... if an app uses an API that is deprecated in the new release, that part of the app will stop working. Sometimes, a developer can work around a few deprecated APIs by recoding the offended part of the app... sometimes it requires replacing the deprecated API with the new API ... but that new API would not be available to be released because if the iOS 13/13.1 embargo, pending GM release.

I would also add that Apple & Disney are probably working together very closely to get their app right, too. That's happened before with other large company / large scale app like this.

shk718

macrumors 65816
Jun 26, 2007
If you read through the release notes for any given beta release, Apple identifies what they have changed - including what APIs are deprecated in that release... many times, Apple changes the way things are done, and adds new APIs while removing others... if an app uses an API that is deprecated in the new release, that part of the app will stop working. Sometimes, a developer can work around a few deprecated APIs by recoding the offended part of the app... sometimes it requires replacing the deprecated API with the new API ... but that new API would not be available to be released because of the iOS 13/13.1 embargo, pending GM release.
thanks for the info. Disney released an update yesterday that fixed the app!!! Star Wars land here I come!! ;)

LutzRFrank

macrumors 6502
Mar 1, 2011
Germany/Switzerland/France
Anyone else having Fortnite issuing a non compliant system warning on 13.1 b2?

upload_2019-9-6_12-21-34.jpeg

trikotret

macrumors regular
Nov 26, 2015
Anyone know if Google photos and what's app are going to have the dark mode option in iOS 13? Outlook iOS app already has it

gtmead09

macrumors 6502a
Sep 22, 2016
Disney Cruise Line app still crashes on 13.1 beta 2. Emailed support and I was told no updates till iOS 13 is released.

DisneyEcho

macrumors member
Jun 7, 2008
New Orleans
Disney Cruise Line app still crashes on 13.1 beta 2. Emailed support and I was told no updates till iOS 13 is released.

The Disney Cruise Line (Navigator) app was updated by Disney today. It now works without crashing on iOS 13.1 beta 3, which was also released today.

Ipadlover29

macrumors 6502a
May 28, 2011
The td Canada trust banking app was just recently updated, anyone know if it’s finally compatible with iOS 13?

Last edited:

bp123

macrumors newbie
Aug 3, 2019
If anyone tested BlackBerry work on 13 GM or 13.3 beta, will you please update your experience, Thanks

centracore

macrumors member
Oct 21, 2014
Now that Google Hangouts is working with iOS 13.1 - is anyone getting ridiculous battery usage from background activity on their devices? It's accounting for 20% of my battery usage with it's background activity..

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.