Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Jackbequickly

macrumors 68030
Aug 6, 2022
Apple gave me back the maximum as promised on my watch and 14 PM. They have always been fair.

$800 trade in? Apple offered me the MAX of $650 for my 14 PM with 1 TB. Something is wrong if they offered you $800.

DaveS86

macrumors regular
Sep 11, 2022
IMG_2190.png
Jesus team, don’t trade in with anyone, sell it on eBay! Got £840 for my 14PM, well above what Apple were gonna give!

AndrewR23

Contributor
Jun 24, 2010
Apple gave me back the maximum as promised on my watch and 14 PM. They have always been fair.

$800 trade in? Apple offered me the MAX of $650 for my 14 PM with 1 TB. Something is wrong if they offered you $800.
wtf you sold your 14 PM 1TB for 650 to APPLE??!??!? dude get on macrumors marketplace and make some money, you were flat out ROBBED. MP here is awesome.

Reactions: madrigal77

Jackbequickly

macrumors 68030
Aug 6, 2022
650$ for 1TB 14PM WOW, Now I see why they didn't raise their prices on 15 series this year LOL

wtf you sold your 14 PM 1TB for 650 to APPLE??!??!? dude get on macrumors marketplace and make some money, you were flat out ROBBED. MP here is awesome.

WTF. You always stick your nose in others business?

Money is not the issue for me.

IphoneX9753

macrumors member
Jul 28, 2020
I just received a revised trade in offer for my iPhone 12 Pro Max I traded in (in excellent condition, no cracks or issues). They are saying that they don’t want to give me any money, and the reason listed is “Multiple cracks/shattered display, cracked Chin Plate”. First of all, my phone wasn’t cracked at all, but secondly, I don’t even know what the Chin Plate is, can anyone help me figure out what that means?
Happened to us last year. Sent in a flawless 12 Pro and I know it was because it had the screen replaced a month before by Apple. Claimed it was cracked and offered $0. When they first received the phone we got an email stating they received it and we would be getting full value, a couple of days later we received a 2nd email stating it had been revised because of cracked screen. I had them send the phone back and sure enough the 3rd party cracked the screen. It still had AppleCare plus so had the screen replaced again and sold it for more than Apple was offering on trade.

Last edited:
Reactions: Ferelwilldems

sviato

macrumors 68020
Oct 27, 2010
HR 9038 A
Happened to us last year. Sent in a flawless 12 Pro and I know it was because it had the screen replaced a month before by Apple. Claimed it was cracked and offered $0. When they first received the phone we got an email stating they received it and we we getting full value, a couple of days later we received a 2nd email stating it had been revised because of cracked screen. I had them send the phone back and sure enough the 3rd party cracked the screen. It still had AppleCare plus so had the screen replaced again and sold it for more than Apple was offering on trade.
Sounds like fraud, can’t believe they did that. Apple support and quality control is really in the toilet lately

Reactions: Ferelwilldems
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.