Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

twoodcc

macrumors P6
Feb 3, 2005
Right side of wrong
ok i'm having problems again on my mac pro. i bought a new hard drive (1 TB), and so i cloned my old startup drive to the new one, took out the old one and put in the new one.

now folding doesn't work right. it will work on a unit, then it seems to download a new unit every few hours or so. so it never completes a unit.

any ideas?

MacBandit

macrumors 604
ok i'm having problems again on my mac pro. i bought a new hard drive (1 TB), and so i cloned my old startup drive to the new one, took out the old one and put in the new one.

now folding doesn't work right. it will work on a unit, then it seems to download a new unit every few hours or so. so it never completes a unit.

any ideas?

I have the same problem every time I upgrade my drive and clone. I have to delete the work file and the folding app and all the support/pref files. Reinstall and everything works fine.

twoodcc

macrumors P6
Feb 3, 2005
Right side of wrong
I have the same problem every time I upgrade my drive and clone. I have to delete the work file and the folding app and all the support/pref files. Reinstall and everything works fine.

thanks. i just tried reinstalling folding@home. not sure if it did anything or not. if it doesn't work, i'll delete everything and install again

twoodcc

macrumors P6
Feb 3, 2005
Right side of wrong
Go to the library and then do a search for 'fah' delete all the results related to folding and then do a search for folding and do likewise. Can't guarantee it will work but it's worth a try. You might also need to do a permissions repair.

thanks. i might try that later. for now i think i'll just try rosetta

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.