Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

RLB

macrumors member
Feb 4, 2003
Whatever they do, I hope it is soon. The Apple Stores in Soho and in Westchester have 0 ipods combined, and don't know when they are getting any in.

JPGR_Fan

macrumors regular
Apr 5, 2003
St. Louis
10 gig iPods are on sale at my local target for $339.

The tag they use is 'clearance.'

Target was one of the retailers that did not reup with Apple. Maybe that explains the 'clearance.'

(Just trying not to get my hopes up for that 40 gigger)

alia

macrumors 65816
Apr 2, 2003
Tampa, FL (Orlando, 2003 - 2023)
Target might not have renewed as a dealer, but why would they put them on clearance? I mean, then they are just losing even more money than if they'd just let them run out of stock naturally.

At least, that's how it seems to me!

Alia

Monkeypoo

macrumors member
Mar 3, 2003
90 - 30
Best Buy just got in a few 20 g window ipods and have had about 3 10 gig windows ipods every time I've gone in there (every other week for fun browsing time). I didn't put much stock into one of the employee's comments that don't plan on carrying mac ipods in the future because I'm hoping he's wrong and he seemed to be shooting from the hip that since they hadn't gotten any in for awhile that must mean they will never carry them again. I certainly hope they carry them so I can get the 4 year warranty plan cause that's how long it better last...unless batteries wil switch from $$$$ apple only replacements to $$ consumer replaceable (and I don't mean those people out there who open up their ipods and fix the problem themselves), then I'd have to rethink the warranty especially since I get pounded by sales tax here.

BooRadley

macrumors newbie
Apr 8, 2003
I have a contact at Apple....of course I cannot name the person. Over lunch I asked if I should buy an ipod. Without saying anything specific they told me not to. They said wait a couple weeks, you'll be happy you did.

Take it for what it's worth.

BillyShears

macrumors 6502
Jan 30, 2003
Originally posted by BooRadley
I have a contact at Apple....of course I cannot name the person. Over lunch I asked if I should buy an ipod. Without saying anything specific they told me not to. They said wait a couple weeks, you'll be happy you did.

Take it for what it's worth.

Sure, as long as you don't scissor me or Atticus Finch up. (Nice name)

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.