Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

CTHarrryH

macrumors 68030
Jul 4, 2012
What does Battery under settings say the big users are? There could be one running away - if so try to force quit it and then restart it. Have you tried force quitting all then doing a hard restart?

Scratch4

macrumors newbie
Jan 1, 2009
Battery is back to normal with 11.4.1 for me. Though I have to admit, it did take a few days to normalize after updating. Immediately after updating, battery was terrible and I was so upset. But now, I get through a whole day.

Using iPhone SE and did not do a factory reset. Did not change any settings (ex. wifi).

bluecoast

macrumors 68020
Nov 7, 2017
What does Battery under settings say the big users are? There could be one running away - if so try to force quit it and then restart it. Have you tried force quitting all then doing a hard restart?

I’ve taken a look.

Part of this could be that I used to permanently run my iPhone 7 128 on low power mode and now I’m using it normally.

So It might just be experiencing the infamously terrible 7 battery life like I’m meant to - working as intended... :confused:

rforno

macrumors regular
Oct 18, 2017
Updated yesterday and let charge overnight.

I run a fairly power-saving configuration normally, but since taking it off the charger at 0630 I'm already down to 84% --- all I've done is make one 11 minute phone call thus far today. It's been sitting idle on my desk otherwise. Maybe it still needs to 'sort things out' internally first? If not .... sigh.

Granted everyone's use case is different, but I wanted to share where I'm at post-update.

RoadWarrior56

macrumors regular
Oct 18, 2014
I have been running 11.4.1 on iPhone 6S for nearly a week. I had a terrible battery drain problem on iOS 11.4. So far, the battery drain issue is totally fixed for me on 11.4.1. Battery life is improved and drain back to normal.

baas

macrumors regular
Dec 20, 2016
Agreed, seems definitely better on 11.4.1 compared tot 11.4 (iPhone 6S).

AntonisReverse

macrumors member
Jun 14, 2018
I also agree that battery life is much better. While on 11.4 I had like 3 hours usage but 11.4.1 and I have like 5-6 hours of usage

rforno

macrumors regular
Oct 18, 2017
I probably jumped the gun too soon in complaining post-update. It's been off the charger since 0630 and as of 0930 (including 30m idling in a basement gym w/o cell signal) it's down to 97% which is more like what I would expect. So hopefully panic averted!!! *fingers crossed*

AntonisReverse

macrumors member
Jun 14, 2018
Am i the only one here experiencing sometimes battery loss ? Of course it’s improved but sometimes it drains quickly. How did you install the 11.4.1? Because I installed it through settings. What’s the best way?

rforno

macrumors regular
Oct 18, 2017
I did the OTA update on WiFi.

I'm actually impressed w/the battery use i'm getting now on my SE running 11.4.1. *fingers crossed*

iOZZY

macrumors regular
Mar 17, 2013
Stamford, England
Went from iOS 10.3.3 to 11.4.1 on my 6 Plus, battery seems consistent with 94% capacity. Definitely no signs of rapid discharge. Glad I waited it out before upgrading.

AntonisReverse

macrumors member
Jun 14, 2018
I did the OTA update on WiFi.

I'm actually impressed w/the battery use i'm getting now on my SE running 11.4.1. *fingers crossed*
When the battery is 100% how much usage time it takes until it drops for example to 10-20%? what apps are you using? im trying to make a comparison with my SE..

rforno

macrumors regular
Oct 18, 2017
The only apps I use 'constantly' are Mail, Echofon (twitter), and maybe Safari a few times/day when I click no a link. Perhaps a few other apps - satellite radar for weather, my bank, etc - but nothing dramatic or sustained during the day. Phone comes off the charger around 630AM and by 1030 or 11PM I am down to maybe 40% depending on my use that day and if I've made calls (or how long they were). And no I don't use Low Power Mode! The only time I had it down to like 15% was the day after I updated to 11.4.1, which I guess was IOS "doing its thing" post-update.

When the battery is 100% how much usage time it takes until it drops for example to 10-20%? what apps are you using? im trying to make a comparison with my SE..

Reactions: AntonisReverse
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.