Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

RRC

macrumors 68000
Nov 3, 2020
The Mini will be a top seller, the cheapest new option is always a popular device.

It will be the default for companies putting in large orders as well.

However, I do think the fact that people couldn’t wait and ordered a regular 12 for pre-order, would have taken a fair amount of potential sales. Over the next year though, I’m sure numbers will be high.

I also got a survey, I think they just randomly select Apple ID’s.

JW313

Suspended
Sep 16, 2020
The Mini will be a top seller, the cheapest new option is always a popular device.

However, I do think the fact that people couldn’t wait and ordered a regular 12 for pre-order, would have taken a fair amount of potential sales. Over the next year though, I’m sure numbers will be high.

As someone who works for a large company, usually the default is the 1 or 2 year phone. iPhone SE or XR are the options now. (50,000 employee company)

uzubairu

macrumors newbie
Oct 28, 2017

I was one of those who bought the regular 12 because I couldn’t wait.
Sent it back after I got my hands on the 12 Mini. ?

Reactions: seezar and RRC

RRC

macrumors 68000
Nov 3, 2020
As someone who works for a large company, usually the default is the 1 or 2 year phone. iPhone SE or XR are the options now. (50,000 employee company)

That’s fair, I guess I meant over its life more so than just the immediate sales period.

JW313

Suspended
Sep 16, 2020
That’s fair, I guess I meant over its life more so than just the immediate sales period
What could be interesting is if companies upgrade entire fleets to 5G iPhones. Verizon for instance is offering discounts to do it. I could see the 12 and 12 mini being the options in that scenario.

Reactions: RRC

C. Robert

macrumors 65816
Oct 1, 2013
Baltimore
A few years ago it would have been good. Now we have moved on to bigger screens and the content we get using those screens.

xiaocong500

macrumors newbie
Jul 20, 2010
Speaking from a non native EN language country. Language might be bad

I am really happy with my iPhone 12 Mini now. its light and comfortable to hold.
before this new phone I am using a 11 Pro which I feel its good but its too big and heavy

1rottenapple

macrumors 601
Apr 21, 2004
I’m a fan. cannot believe it actually but I returned my 12 Max for a mini. It’s a great small device. It’s definitely a keeper.

I love how I can sit down with the phone and I dont notice it. love how the phone doesn’t stick out of my left pocket on my favorite blue pants. It disappears which is the best thing about it. You don’t feel like it’s there. I’m shifting my home use to the iPad but when Im out and about and driving it’s great to text with one hand or choose songs easily with one hand. It’s refreshing.

Last edited:

Robbosan

Suspended
Aug 21, 2020
I’m a fan. cannot believe it actually but I returned my 12 Max for a mini. It’s a great small device. It’s definitely a keeper.

I love how I can sit down with the phone and I dont notice it. love how the phone doesn’t stick out of my left pocket on my favorite blue pants. It disappears which is the best thing about it. You don’t feel like it’s there. I’m shifting my home use to the iPad but when Im out and about and driving it’s great to text with one hand or choose songs easily with one hand. It’s refreshing.
Good luck

yticolev

macrumors 6502
Sep 27, 2015
love how the phone doesn’t stick out of my left pocket on my favorite blue pants.
No way I'm returning my Mini, but I will say it is not as pocket friendly for the pants I wear as my 6S. It tends to turn diagonal, which makes it hard to pull out, and also rubs my leg cycling. On top of that, the lightning earpods seem to resist removal more than the regular earpods, perhaps because of the wider square edged lightning connector.

Also, the lightning earpods are a trivial 3 inches longer than the old earpods, but that does actually make cord management more of an issue. Have yet to figure out a use case for the extra length.

Yeah, the wireless version would be cool, but I just cannot justify the cost. Of course, the same could be said about the Mini too.

NT1440

macrumors G5
May 18, 2008
I bought mine a couple of weeks ago. It’s nice to finally have the right sized iPhone again.

I spoke to the guy at Verizon and got the impression that it’s definitely wing surpassed by the regular 12.

I understand I’m in the minority here, I just hate large phones. This is the perfect device for me because I’m basically using a full screen version of the best iPhone I ever owned (5s) from a comfort perspective.

I only upgrade one every 4-6 years, but I spent BIG to get the 11 Pro last year because it was going to be the smallest iPhone I could get coming from a 6s. The second the mini was announced I knew THIS was going to be my 5 year iPhone for this cycle.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.