Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

MozMan68

macrumors demi-god
Jun 29, 2010
South Cackalacky
Just curious, how do you know?
Because...it's Siri...outside of a software/iOS update, everything else is controlled on Apple's end. Maps as well.

There's nothing you can do on your side to fix anything outside of making sure your device has the latest update.

shannongob

macrumors newbie
I have been speaking with AppleCare since 6 November who have done the whole sysdiagnose thing and the advisor has said they believe it’s something infrastructure side. As such they have escalated it to engineering to look at. So far it’s been several days since my last update. When I receive an update I’ll let this forum know.
I too have noticed it works fine on iPhone, just not HomePod ?‍♂️

Reactions: Spocky and MozMan68

Spocky

macrumors regular
Aug 16, 2015
I have been speaking with AppleCare since 6 November who have done the whole sysdiagnose thing and the advisor has said they believe it’s something infrastructure side. As such they have escalated it to engineering to look at. So far it’s been several days since my last update. When I receive an update I’ll let this forum know.
I too have noticed it works fine on iPhone, just not HomePod ?‍♂️
Tried 3 times this morning and it has worked every single time! Reset HomePod mini 2 or 3 times yesterday.

orbital~debris

macrumors 68020
Mar 3, 2004
UK, Europe
This has been happening for me for a long time (at least a year, I think).

All HomePod have been updated, reset multiple times.

I even tried following the workaround I saw mentioned elsewhere (switch news provider eg. from Sky News to the BBC) but that didn’t resolve it either.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.