Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

RRC

macrumors 68000
Nov 3, 2020
As others have already said, Apple got the camera system spot on this year. Images look real again, finally!

Reactions: MacDevil7334

73CortinaV8

macrumors 6502
Sep 4, 2006
Palo Alto, CA
What about zoomed-in detail? I assume the higher MP captures more detail so you can zoom in and confirm that yes, that cute guy in the background was wearing a great band t shirt :)

100 MP files are huge. How much more are people willing to pay for extra storage just so they can peep at the cute people in the background of their pics?

FunkyTang

macrumors 65816
Sep 16, 2008
I hate the auto lens switching while try to compose a shot. Anyway to turn that off? Don’t remember it happening on my old 12P.

RRC

macrumors 68000
Nov 3, 2020
I hate the auto lens switching while try to compose a shot. Anyway to turn that off? Don’t remember it happening on my old 12P.
Yep...

Settings > Camera > Preserve Settings > Macro Control

Then go into the camera app and turn it off, it will then stay off.

krvld

macrumors member
Jul 20, 2023
As others have already said, Apple got the camera system spot on this year. Images look real again, finally!
Let's hope this trend continues with future models.

Too bad older models can't benefit from the software upgrade and users are forced to use non-native Apps to shoot in RAW in order to bypass Apple processing.

11 series were awesome in terms of processing. Now 4 years later we are back at what we already had but with a better hardware.

It really sucks to own 13 series tbh... If you care about the natural looking picture quality then it's either an upgrade to 15 or downgrade to 11 🤷‍♂️

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.