Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Mousse

macrumors 68040
Apr 7, 2008
Flea Bottom, King's Landing
As long as Rivers or Brady doesn't end up in Indy, I'll be happy.
Colts coulda/shoulda/woulda been AFC South champs, possible SB champs this year had Luck not retired. They're well coached and had a pretty good run considering they're playing with a back up at the helm. Rivers or Brady with all the time in the world AND T. Y. Hilton to throw to? Indy would be right up there with KC and Baltimore as the teams to beat in the AFC.

Cancelled
Jul 12, 2016
It wasn’t a good season for Philip Rivers, I remember towards the latter part of the regular season, there was rumors of him leaving due to ‘internal conflicts’ and his performance was sub-par.

As for Tom Brady: I get it, he is a great quarterback and is legend for his titled records, but I think the hype is at an ‘all extreme’ high right now, given how much more playing time can he possibly provide a team given his age? (Kinda of a rhetorical question..) Just sayin.

ucfgrad93

macrumors Core
Aug 17, 2007
Colorado
Part of Rivers' problem this year was his offensive line wasn't that good.

Brady has a couple of years left at best. He should have retired after he won SB LIII.

MacNut

macrumors Core
Jan 4, 2002
CT
Part of Rivers' problem this year was his offensive line wasn't that good.

Brady has a couple of years left at best. He should have retired after he won SB LIII.
Brady could play for 3 more years, or blow out his arm or leg during week 4.

rhett7660

macrumors G5
Jan 9, 2008
Sunny, Southern California
I often wonder if Brady would be as good as he is, if he played for another team that didn't have Belichick as the coach. We have seen a few quarterbacks who were good under Belichick, but when they went to another team... not so much.

I am sure he has talent and can get the job done, but I wonder if he is on another team will he be as effective as he is in New England.

bigjnyc

macrumors 604
Apr 10, 2008
I often wonder if Brady would be as good as he is, if he played for another team that didn't have Belichick as the coach. We have seen a few quarterbacks who were good under Belichick, but when they went to another team... not so much.

I am sure he has talent and can get the job done, but I wonder if he is on another team will he be as effective as he is in New England.

I think he would have been good but not great.. Perhaps 1 Superbowl and a bunch of playoff appearances under the right circumstances.... But the pairing of Brady and Belichick is a once in a lifetime power pairing that we may never see again.

ucfgrad93

macrumors Core
Aug 17, 2007
Colorado
I think he would have been good but not great.. Perhaps 1 Superbowl and a bunch of playoff appearances under the right circumstances.... But the pairing of Brady and Belichick is a once in a lifetime power pairing that we may never see again.

Agreed. Neither one would have been as good without the other.

Reactions: bigjnyc and Mousse

Mousse

macrumors 68040
Apr 7, 2008
Flea Bottom, King's Landing
People said that about Montana/Walsh back in the day. We'll see another great duo in another 20-30 years.

Peace

Cancelled
Apr 1, 2005
Space The Only Frontier
Last edited:
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.