Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Cancelled
Jul 12, 2016
The more I think about it, I don’t really care about all the latest hardware features like I used to. I mean, it’s always interesting to see what Apple has to offer for their latest iPhones and what technological advancements were improved/introduced, but realistically, it’s all about the software/iOS. The things I want to see improved (And that would surprise me), would be dark mode, Siri overhauling, etc. _Those_ are the things that matter most to me that I would be willing to trade for any hardware feature.

Reactions: Wide opeN

puma1552

Suspended
Nov 20, 2008
The more I think about it, I don’t really care about all the latest hardware features like I used to. I mean, it’s always interesting to see what Apple has to offer for their latest iPhones and what technological advancements were improved/introduced, but realistically, it’s all about the software/iOS. The things I want to see improved (And that would surprise me), would be dark mode, Siri overhauling, etc. _Those_ are the things that matter most to me that I would be willing to trade for any hardware feature.

We will get dark mode this year, a necessity with OLED for power savings if nothing else.

eyoungren

macrumors Penryn
Aug 31, 2011
Oh no not again with the bump!
LOL! It's my signature issue (and I have plenty of other issues that should require medication). :D
[doublepost=1552775200][/doublepost]
We will get dark mode this year, a necessity with OLED for power savings if nothing else.
That'd be nice. If it happens.

I suspect Apple has resisted for so long because blinding white and pre-school colors were supposed to be Jony Ive's distinctive mark on iOS. Give everyone dark mode and most of what Jony did goes away.

Reactions: Wide opeN and Ralfi

puma1552

Suspended
Nov 20, 2008
I suspect Apple has resisted for so long because blinding white and pre-school colors were supposed to be Jony Ive's distinctive mark on iOS. Give everyone dark mode and most of what Jony did goes away.

Which honestly, I always liked, but that was back when white points were 7000-7200K, not this color accurate ultra warm 6500K crap they have now.

The 6/6s had the nicest screens ever in an iPhone, IMO. Crisp, cool, and great colors that popped but weren't cartoonish.

Ralfi

macrumors 601
Dec 22, 2016
Australia

I was never really a fan, especially when you want to type/paste something, but don’t know where the text field is exactly (for eg. in the area above the phones keypad...very unintuitive for Apple)...

Reactions: eyoungren

dragon671556

macrumors regular
Dec 29, 2013
If the leaks are right about the camera bump I've seen I'll just keep my 8+ forever. It's a big square bump in the corner; how does that look sleek and great? I hope that Ios 13 brings dark mode; and multitasking. The multitasking is a big deal for me; that and I like my fingerprint sensor. I would love to do on my phone what I can do on my laptop which is have 2 screens open and using them at the same time. Give me that and I'm happy for the most part. I know the finger print sensor probably won't be back so I'll keep my 8+; it's got 256 of memory so I'm good for a while.

Reactions: eyoungren

Cancelled
Jul 12, 2016
If the leaks are right about the camera bump I've seen I'll just keep my 8+ forever. It's a big square bump in the corner; how does that look sleek and great? I hope that Ios 13 brings dark mode; and multitasking. The multitasking is a big deal for me; that and I like my fingerprint sensor. I would love to do on my phone what I can do on my laptop which is have 2 screens open and using them at the same time. Give me that and I'm happy for the most part. I know the finger print sensor probably won't be back so I'll keep my 8+; it's got 256 of memory so I'm good for a while.

I’m thinking iOS 13 will be fairly major what it will introduce this year. If you look traditionally at iOS 12, it was really geared to improve the stability of performance through older iPhones, it never introduced really anything that major, as iOS 11 incorporated more significant changes. But for iOS 13, I am hoping for multitasking, revamped Siri and I _think_ it’s safe to assume ‘dark mode’ is coming, especially now that it’s offered with MacOS Mojave.

SmugMaverick

macrumors 6502a
Aug 31, 2017
UK
I’m thinking iOS 13 will be fairly major what it will introduce this year. If you look traditionally at iOS 12, it was really geared to improve the stability of performance through older iPhones, it never introduced really anything that major, as iOS 11 incorporated more significant changes. But for iOS 13, I am hoping for multitasking, revamped Siri and I _think_ it’s safe to assume ‘dark mode’ is coming, especially now that it’s offered with MacOS Mojave.

I'm sorry but iOS 11 wasn't a major update because it was just a mess with huge bugs and more crappy iMessage features. We haven't had a good update in years.

iOS 13 has to be huge or a lot of people will be done.

Cancelled
Jul 12, 2016
I'm sorry but iOS 11 wasn't a major update because it was just a mess with huge bugs and more crappy iMessage features.

No need to apologize, But you’re incorrect, it was a major update with the U.I., control Center, files management, App Store was overhauled, Apple Pay received tweaks, The camera received Portrait mode, and Siri was updated. The list goes on, so that was major, even if you don’t agree with it regardless of others were experiencing issues, it doesn’t change that it was a significant update in terms of all the features revealed.

iOS 13 has to be huge or a lot of people will be done.

This is nothing more than anecdotal overstatement and nor are you speaking for the majority either.

Last edited:
Reactions: decafjava and jeffe

Phone Junky

macrumors 68020
Oct 29, 2011
Midwest
Apples done good on doubling down on security and leaks. However make no mistake that the 2019 iPhone will have more than better internals and a new operating system
I guess that didn’t happen.
Tim Cook or Tim ‘Apple’ realizes that there has to be a big new feature to sell iPhones besides a 3 lenses camera
Is it s foldable iPhone or an AR ready iPhone we’ll have to wait and see
It seems Tim is confident the 3 lenses is enough to keep iPhones selling. I guess you’ll have to wait and see until next year.

Reactions: jimmy_uk

jimmy_uk

macrumors 68020
Oct 19, 2015
UK
I guess that didn’t happen.

It seems Tim is confident the 3 lenses is enough to keep iPhones selling. I guess you’ll have to wait and see until next year.
It seems that waiting till "next year" is becoming a theme with iphone. The 11 series phones are nice but Android manufacturers are on overdrive at the moment. 90hz displays, no notch, stylus, super fast charging, folding screens etc are already here. Another 12 months will bring more progress. Apple really need to pull something special out of the bag like they did with the X Series redesign.

jimmy_uk

macrumors 68020
Oct 19, 2015
UK
Folding screens are progress?
They will be when perfected. I use my phone as my mini tablet now. If it can fold out in future into a larger tablet then I will still be able to own one device that does everything. I'd like an SE sized phone that could fold out into an ipad mini for example.

lympero

macrumors 6502a
Sep 1, 2008
Arta, Greece
I think it will be worse next year. People are expecting 2020 iPhone to be the greatest ever. Instead we’ll get an improved ultra wide lens and probably more ram to justify 11s.

Packers1958

macrumors 68000
Apr 16, 2017
South Dakota
Apples done good on doubling down on security and leaks. However make no mistake that the 2019 iPhone will have more than better internals and a new operating system
Tim Cook or Tim ‘Apple’ realizes that there has to be a big new feature to sell iPhones besides a 3 lenses camera
Is it s foldable iPhone or an AR ready iPhone we’ll have to wait and see
Someone was wrong.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.