Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Rockadile

macrumors 6502a
Jun 11, 2012
The new one will be released tomorrow (Sep 4). With i7-1065G7 and GTX1650. Still same chassis, just a tiny bit thicker.

https://browser.geekbench.com/v4/cpu/14521805

Mercury white only sold as base model with no GTX 1650. Atomic green logo and USB ports woohoo...
Still have bad keyboard layout and I personally dislike using small 16:9 monitors.
Also wish they would change their snake logo to their text RAZER logo like on the bottom bezel.

GoldfishRT

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jul 24, 2014
Somewhere
Wonder how the thermals will be. The MX150 Stealth had a lot of headroom but a 1650 is significantly more power hungry.

c0ppo

macrumors 68000
Feb 11, 2013
I simply don't trust in Razer QC and I really don't trust in their support!
And this little thing is going to throttle. Laws of physics apply to everyone, even Razer and Apple.

maflynn

macrumors Haswell
May 3, 2009
Whaaat? The return option is gone for everything I've brought from Amazon after 30 days.
Yep, same here, 30 days, I did request to return a case two months and practically had to beg to allow the return.

Rockadile

macrumors 6502a
Jun 11, 2012
bizzare. Amazon are US based and would have imagined that all there warranty is for 1 year mate with retail.

Over here it is by law
Doesn't the UK have good consumer protection laws?

We usually have 30 days return period where you can return or exchange for whatever reason (defect, change of mind, etc) and 1 year manufacturer warranty. After 30 days, it can't be returned to retailer and any problems afterward has to be dealt with the manufacturer.

csurfr

macrumors 68020
Dec 7, 2016
Seattle, WA
I simply don't trust in Razer QC and I really don't trust in their support!
And this little thing is going to throttle. Laws of physics apply to everyone, even Razer and Apple.
I feel like they may have made some changes to their support. While it isn't always easy to get things taken care of, I have a Core V1, and an issue with the thunderbolt controller causes the 4x USB ports on the back to drop out. Razer is replacing it with the newest Core X Chroma, even though I'm out of warranty. Should have the new one here by the end of next week.

Reactions: c0ppo and kazmac

jrichards1408

macrumors 6502a
Nov 4, 2016
Doesn't the UK have good consumer protection laws?

We usually have 30 days return period where you can return or exchange for whatever reason (defect, change of mind, etc) and 1 year manufacturer warranty. After 30 days, it can't be returned to retailer and any problems afterward has to be dealt with the manufacturer.
Yes plus amazon here will honour warranty of 1 year here.

ThinkPad support mind you is pretty good. O and John Lewis retail here honour 1 year warranty themselves

nordique

macrumors 68000
Oct 12, 2014
I just picked one up for almost 50% the price of a new MBP

and I absolutely love this machine. Plus, I can finally game again!

Fantastic build quality. Its the closest to "Apple quality" hardware you can get. If you get it though, purchase from the Microsoft store as they have fantastic support and easy returns. I got mine with the protection care, it is cheaper than Apple Care (mind you it only lasts 2 years) and any deductibles are also cheaper (60$ flat rate)

Peace of mind!

Its an incredible machine. Highly recommend! Razer Blade stealth is my top suggestion for a premium Windows Ultrabook....and I've tried them all form the X1 Carbon to the Yoga series to the XPS and XPS 2 in 1's....all are great laptops but this is my favorite of the bunch.

jrichards1408

macrumors 6502a
Nov 4, 2016
I just picked one up for almost 50% the price of a new MBP

and I absolutely love this machine. Plus, I can finally game again!

Fantastic build quality. Its the closest to "Apple quality" hardware you can get. If you get it though, purchase from the Microsoft store as they have fantastic support and easy returns. I got mine with the protection care, it is cheaper than Apple Care (mind you it only lasts 2 years) and any deductibles are also cheaper (60$ flat rate)

Peace of mind!

Its an incredible machine. Highly recommend! Razer Blade stealth is my top suggestion for a premium Windows Ultrabook....and I've tried them all form the X1 Carbon to the Yoga series to the XPS and XPS 2 in 1's....all are great laptops but this is my favorite of the bunch.
The new one with 10th gen cpu and a Nvidia 1650 is coming out soon

nordique

macrumors 68000
Oct 12, 2014
The new one with 10th gen cpu and a Nvidia 1650 is coming out soon

I know

But 8th gen i7 quad core + mx150 good enough for me. Almost 50% price drop bc it’s the now outgoing model. Can’t justify ice lake and gtx1650 for almost double the price. Big CPU performance upgrade was 8th gen

By the time I’m ready to replace it, the latest nvidia card (3000 or 4000 series equivalent in 2021) should be more than enough as well as intel 12th gen or whatever

Mx150 (the 25w version in this computer) runs all the games I want well enough and pascal architecture so should be fine for a year or two

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.