Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

darwichee90

macrumors member
Feb 26, 2017
If you live in EU, and order from amazon.de, is it true that they give you 2 years warranty for all the Razer laptops? That´s what they said in the chat. Also they said, i don´t have to contact Razer support in case something happends, Amazon is the one that take cares of everything with in 2 years.

Haha is all this true? Because that would made me taking the chance, because all the bads stuff i´ve heard about razers QC.

jrichards1408

macrumors 6502a
Nov 4, 2016
If you live in EU, and order from amazon.de, is it true that they give you 2 years warranty for all the Razer laptops? That´s what they said in the chat. Also they said, i don´t have to contact Razer support in case something happends, Amazon is the one that take cares of everything with in 2 years.

Haha is all this true? Because that would made me taking the chance, because all the bads stuff i´ve heard about razers QC.
Diddnt I mentioned it here or was it in the X1 lenovo thread? It's definitely true and I've exercise it a few times. Most recently the dell xps 2018 version developing a rattling sound on the fan so I returned it almost a year after I got it from amazon UK.

Reactions: kazmac

c0ppo

macrumors 68000
Feb 11, 2013

It's true. They have to give at least 2 years of warranty, it's the law.

Reactions: kazmac

nordique

macrumors 68000
Oct 12, 2014
If you live in North America, I would strongly, strongly recommend purchasing Razer products through Microsoft Store, not through Razer themselves. Microsoft have customer service on par with Apple in terms of ease, quality, and no questions asked.

Very stress free in my experience. Best way to purchase Windows products. Especially if you have their relatively inexpensive Care plan on top of that. Its affordable, cheap deductibles, and no concerns.

I've dealt with Lenovo, Dell, HP etc directly before...in the end, Windows Store/Microsoft themselves are by far the best and most stress free way to deal with problems.

Very similar to Apple's stress free philosophy of anything covered by warranty, hassle-free returns (none of that sending pics stuff that Lenovo does or the many hoops you have to jump through with other companies) and in some ways superior (often times no questions asked they swap out components or models)

If purchasing via Microsoft Store is an option outside of North America, I would consider it. I don't know how they are outside however, so I cannot comment. But if they are anything like how they are here, its the only way to purchase a windows product in my opinion.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.