Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

toxtrepla

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Apr 12, 2020
UPDATE 7/4/20

At this point I have reached out to everyone for Payment on all sites and received payment from 90% of the group. Thanks for making that part of this so much easier! All cases were picked up and some shipping started yesterday.

A handful of small orders were shipped Late in the day yesterday (and everyone was sent their tracking), while the rest will be going out on Tuesday and Wednesday of this upcoming week.

Be on the lookout for tracking messages from myself during the week.

On a side note, 3 people have backed out which is unfortunate, but with that said, I now have a handful of extras available of some items. PM me if anyone else needs anything additional. I will post up whats left when everything is done and over with (Hopefully won’t be much)

Anyways, thanks again for everyone’s help with this. Have an awesome holiday weekend!

———————————————————————

Hey everyone!

I recently gained access to be able to purchase a bunch of last Spring and Summer’s bands and loops that I wanted to share with the community here. The good news is that these are slightly below Retail prices+NY tax (where they are being purchased from) and come out to $52 a band. The bad news is that I can only purchase them in an entire shipping case Quantity (24 bands a case).

Thats where we come in! I am setting up this group buy in the hopes that we get enough interest to be able to purchase the cases, then gather and ship all the bands out to everyone who has paid. This is only being posted to the MacRumors and Reddit communities, but feel free to share with anyone interested! I have done several group buys in the past and have had nothing but great success, so let’s continue that trend here.

These are brand new, sealed retail boxes! Here is what is available:

44mm
Canary Sport Bands
Canary Sport Loops
(Sold Through. All future orders will be put on the waitlist in case a buyer ahead drops off)
Dragonfruit Sport Bands
Dragonfruit Sport Loops
Cornflower Sport Bands
Papaya Sport Bands

Spearmint Sport Loops

40mm
Canary Sport Bands
Canary Sport Loops
Dragonfruit Sport Bands
Dragonfruit Sport Loops
Cornflower Sport Bands
Cornflower Sport Loops

I am accepting orders on a first come, first serve basis and will fulfill orders in the order they were placed. Please only place an order if you intend on following through with payment, as this complicates things for me and potentially closes off other buyers from reserving bands.

Due to the nature of this buy and the need to reach the quantities above all else, there are no restrictions or quantity limits. Most of these bands are considered some of the rarest and highest resale bands & loops released (selling well over $80+ on eBay), so I am expecting some orders to contain extras for resale down the line which is also allowed. I will leave this order open for 1-2 weeks depending on quickly we hit case quantities.

Here is how this will work:
  1. Using the Order Link on this post, fill out all your details and desired order with quantities.
  2. I will continually tally up the units for each case and update the post as bands sell out. If a style/size sells out, it will not be removed from the order form. Any excess orders will be on a waiting list in case another buyer ahead on the list backs out (hoping to avoid that entirely!)
  3. Once we hit the needed number of orders for each style/size, I will reach out to you on the site and username you provided to confirm the provided address, the final available order and request payment. To eliminate fees, we will manage this through PayPal F&F.
  4. Once I have payment from everyone who placed an order, I will purchase the cases and begin to separate stock and ship out.
  5. I will then reach out one last time after shipping to provide you with a tracking number.

The cost breakdown is simple: $52 dollars a band, and flat $8.40 Priority shipping no matter how many bands you get within the United States. I am willing to ship internationally, but obviously this will effect the cost of shipping somewhat. Contact me to discuss anything not domestic.

Again, no payment will be collected until I am 100% sure we have enough people committed to buying the quantities needed. I will continue to update this post when certain sizes/color ways sell out.

Order link below!

Any questions, feel free to send me a PM or we can discuss it in this thread. Thanks!

//toxtrepla

Also Posted on r/AppleBandMarket

Last edited:

Deep.sky

macrumors regular
Apr 27, 2020
OMG, just at a time where i simply do NOT have the funds beyond what is already allocated for the UV band....??

Illini Al

macrumors regular
Mar 5, 2019
Bolingbrook, IL
Tempting, but over the past few days, 1to3shop-store got $190 of money for 8 bands.
I'll decide quickly on these bands. The ones I'm most interested in are the Dragonfruit bands.
Maybe 1to3shop-store can buy all of these, then resell them on eBay for $25 each?? ;)

toxtrepla

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Apr 12, 2020
Tempting, but over the past few days, 1to3shop-store got $190 of money for 8 bands.
I'll decide quickly on these bands. The ones I'm most interested in are the Dragonfruit bands.
Maybe 1to3shop-store can buy all of these, then resell them on eBay for $25 each?? ;)
No rush!! And I get it.. between this Summer band release and splurging on (Too many) Leather Loops its been a brutal few months!

• Love
  • Wow
Reactions: CodeRaven and twanj

CodeRaven

macrumors 6502
May 14, 2008
Florida

$190.... wow, I should be so lucky... let’s see - 1 band, 4 loops, 3 leathers, and 2 link bracelets.... I am NOT gonna do the math on that.... think my cc melted.....

jamieinoc

macrumors 6502a
Jun 6, 2020
...Did they though?

I'm just waiting for you to have an issue and a technician looks at your statement...
Well, these toxtrepla bands are an investment, so I view that spending differently lol.
Side note, someone posted an Hermès black on Mercari and now I want it AND the Hermès orange. Yeah, I may have a problem. But not enough of a problem to spend the $280 asking price for the black!

Last edited:

jwlbel

macrumors 6502a
Oct 29, 2012
Well, these toxtrepla bands are an investment, so I view that spending differently lol.
Side note, someone posted an hermés black on Mercari and now I want it AND the hermés orange. Yeah, I may have a problem. But not enough of a problem to spend the $280 asking price for the black!
I am assuming (but you know what they say about people that assume) that you know about chargerstore on ebay. He has older harder to find bands. He is totally legit. I think just about all of us have bought from him.

mikedop

macrumors 603
Dec 30, 2019
Oklahoma
Side note, someone posted an hermés black on Mercari and now I want it AND the hermés orange. Yeah, I may have a problem. But not enough of a problem to spend the $280 asking price for the black!
Please, don't buy Hermes... Once you do, there's no going back!

jamieinoc

macrumors 6502a
Jun 6, 2020
I am assuming (but you know what they say about people that assume) that you know about chargerstore on ebay. He has older harder to find bands. He is totally legit.

Oh yes, I have ordered many bands from chargerstore. He is fantastic. And I just saw he has the Hermes black. I’ve been eyeing his $109 orange for a while. Maybe he’ll do a combo deal on both.
[automerge]1593403364[/automerge]
Please, don't buy Hermes... Once you do, there's no going back!
Do you SEE that polished black pin on the band though? And the richness of the black. I NEED it.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.