Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

mrwood

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Apr 20, 2021
Decided to PS a black bezel and color matched Apple logo - just to see how it would look. ;)

imac_green_black.jpg

GaelenSky

macrumors member
May 1, 2020
Apple logo could do with being a bit bigger, this is a 24” display after all. Have to say that I think the black bezels look so much better when the computer is off - that’s about it. It’s nice to see some change.

Reactions: Soulman

Caliber26

macrumors 68020
Sep 25, 2009
Orlando, FL
Can one of you Photoshop nerds PRETTY PLEASE do a mockup of a saturated red chin/stand with black bezels? I'd love to see what the looks like. (also orange, if possible)

This machine would've been a total home run for me had they ditched the two-tone pastel scheme and gone with nothing bold colors + black bezels. Here's what I wish they would've done instead. (disclaimer: graphic design is not my passion)

apple_new-imac-spring21_pf-red_04202021_big_carousel.jpg.medium copy.jpg

xxray

macrumors 68040
Jul 27, 2013
Does it look better because it looks better, or because it’s just more similar to the same iMac we’ve been looking at for 12 years?

To me, adding the white border is just Apple trying to make the iMac look fresh when in reality, the bezel and chin isn’t all that reduced from the past 14 years. And it works imo. That black bezel mockup looks dated imo.

apparatchik

macrumors 6502a
Mar 6, 2008
What I would improve over the new design:

1. If chinless is not feasible, smaller chin
2. Thinner bezels in black
3. Space gray color
4. Matching black key, etc. accessories
5. I agree having no logo on the front makes the chin look weird, I discreet logo would be welcomed

Maybe a darker option option will come with a higher-end 30" iMac or AS Mac Pro.

Caliber26

macrumors 68020
Sep 25, 2009
Orlando, FL
What I would improve over the new design:

1. If chinless is not feasible, smaller chin
2. Thinner bezels in black
3. Space gray color
4. Matching black key, etc. accessories
5. I agree having no logo on the front makes the chin look weird, I discreet logo would be welcomed

Maybe a darker option option will come with a higher-end 30" iMac or AS Mac Pro.
The abrupt removal of the logo makes the chin even more awkward, especially for anyone that's already familiar with the iMac brand. They could've added a shiny one in the same color, like they do on the iPhone Pro, iPad, and MacBooks.

mrwood

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Apr 20, 2021
The abrupt removal of the logo makes the chin even more awkward, especially for anyone that's already familiar with the iMac brand. They could've added a shiny one in the same color, like they do on the iPhone Pro, iPad, and MacBooks.
Well said. I think the key would be finding the right size of the logo. Keeping it smaller this time around to maintain a nice balance.

Right now the chin sorta looks unfinished as opposed to minimal.

Reactions: blairh

Marty80

macrumors 6502
Sep 17, 2015
Melbourne
Can one of you Photoshop nerds PRETTY PLEASE do a mockup of a saturated red chin/stand with black bezels? I'd love to see what the looks like. (also orange, if possible)

This machine would've been a total home run for me had they ditched the two-tone pastel scheme and gone with nothing bold colors + black bezels. Here's what I wish they would've done instead. (disclaimer: graphic design is not my passion)

View attachment 1760955
Lmao, you know what this looks better than the real one.

ForkHandles

macrumors 6502
Jun 8, 2012
Colours are fashion linked. In the UK the vast majority of car drivers choose black, white or Grey. Of course they’re convinced that their ‘polar glacial white’ is so much classier than the other ‘whites’ out there. In truth they have been convinced to forgo a world of colours. Apple, perhaps, maybe leading the way to make our world a little more colourful, embrace it folks.

bluecoast

macrumors 68020
Nov 7, 2017
The ‘pro’ models of the iMac with the successor to the M1 will obviously have ‘professional’ colours w/black bezels.

The IPP gives a huge clue as to how they’ll look.

We all need to stop judging the M1 ‘consumer/prosumer’ models as if they’re intended for Pros. They’re obviously not.

This new 24” model is obviously for light productivity (including web design etc) for:

- media / marketing / advertising / PR & other creative industries.
- home office.
- family computers
- & all those who’ve used a mac all in one for decades - in fact it very much seems to be calling out to those who bought one of the G3 iMacs.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.