Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

alia

macrumors 65816
Apr 2, 2003
Tampa, FL (Orlando, 2003 - 2023)
If I recall correctly, I got $750 for my last couple of Pros.

Yes, I was expecting at least $800 or more for my Pro Max, but maybe since it's stainless steel and they are obviously moving toward recycled titanium and aluminum for future products, they are not giving as much back? Or maybe, this is how they are making up the difference because they didn't raise prices. That maybe makes the most sense. Take the cost of the increase from existing users eager to trade in their old devices.

laffnvegas

macrumors 6502
Oct 26, 2014
Desert South West
OK, I stand corrected so yes those trade in values are extremely low. But then I honestly expected a price increase and there was none. There is very few items you can purchase today that is the same price as it was last year. So they are giving it to us in the pricing of the phone. Think of it like buying a New car and trade in values. They will either give you want you want for trade in but will charge more for the car. I would still rather get the phone and trade with Apple than get locked into what ever higher plan the Mobile Carriers place you in. I pay cash, do not want payments and at least the last few year Verizon did not give you the big dollar amount of trade in unless you locked in with their most expensive plan and paid installments.

• Angry
Reactions: koigirl and Rockoo

laffnvegas

macrumors 6502
Oct 26, 2014
Desert South West
There are, if you finance through the carrier. I like to eliminate my carrier from the equation, so I’ll take the $230 loss - I’m with Verizon and they are offering $800.
I am with Verizon as well and did it with them once probably about 10 years ago and never again. Not worth the perceived savings. Much simpler through Apple. Although have to admit Goldman Sachs was weird with doing payments which I did last year and paid off three weeks later.

• Haha
Reactions: moyjoy and Wags

advan031

macrumors 6502
Aug 16, 2008
I was gonna upgrade until I saw Verizon trade in deal.

13PM 15PM
$1000 $800
23mons 36mons

Cricketman

macrumors 6502
Nov 30, 2008
I just did an upgrade mock-up on the Apple Store app. It’s displaying a $570 trade-in value for my 14 Pro. I sure hope this is an error. If not, it’s ludicrous.
its like cars. it loses value most precipitously right off the lot.

meanwhile I think $300 for my 11 Pro Max is completely reasonable.

Maybe apple is trying to get people to keep their phone longer.

AlphaGuitarist

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Nov 12, 2014
I am with Verizon as well and did it with them once probably about 10 years ago and never again. Not worth the perceived savings. Much simpler through Apple. Although have to admit Goldman Sachs was weird with doing payments which I did last year and paid off three weeks later.
I use the interest-free financing offered by the Apple Card. I’m of the mindset that I’d rather have the money sitting in my bank account than pay it in one lump sum, if the loan is interest-free.

As far as carriers are concerned, I don’t want them involved in my phone purchase in any way, shape, or form. If I decide to leave Verizon (highly unlikely), I don’t want to deal with losing credits and being liable for the balance.

ipoddin

macrumors 65816
Jan 6, 2004
Los Angeles
I use the interest-free financing offered by the Apple Card. I’m of the mindset that I’d rather have the money sitting in my bank account than pay it in one lump sum, if the loan is interest-free.

As far as carriers are concerned, I don’t want them involved in my phone purchase in any way, shape, or form. If I decide to leave Verizon (highly unlikely), I don’t want to deal with losing credits and being liable for the balance.
And correct me if I'm wrong, but to get those carrier credits, don't you have to call them and have them set that up? Typically you're dealing with someone who doesn't fully understand how the program works and it's a total time waster and cluster.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.