Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.
Status
The first post of this thread is a WikiPost and can be edited by anyone with the appropiate permissions. Your edits will be public.

Paco II

macrumors 68020
Sep 13, 2009
Is there an auto for the theme, to use light or dark based on iOS dark mode status?

Can you confirm that you only request read-only access to the Twitter account?

Thanks.

Hi all,

First off, Looks like I'm not able to edit the original post because I'm a new member I suspect. Would appreciate if someone could add mine on.

Anyway, I was searching the App Store for a Twitter iOS 14 widget and was disappointed by the lack of apps that provide this functionality. So, I decided to build one myself!

Twidget was released to the App Store today!

I hope others find it useful! If you have any feature requests, feedback or questions; please don't hesitate to get in touch.

Check it out on the App Store!

Thanks!

jsh8w

macrumors member
Dec 4, 2020
United Kingdom
Can I choose what specific account followed to be displayed?
Hi @tkwlee.

Short answer; not at the moment.

Currently, the app will show you the timeline of the user that you are currently logged in as. However, I plan to add the ability to show a specific account and also a specific hashtag. I may have time to add this feature over this weekend so will keep you updated. ?

Thanks.

Reactions: tkwlee

jsh8w

macrumors member
Dec 4, 2020
United Kingdom
Is there an auto for the theme, to use light or dark based on iOS dark mode status?

Can you confirm that you only request read-only access to the Twitter account?

Thanks.

Hi @Paco II,

The default theme is 'light' but you are able to manually choose between 'light', 'dark' and 'blue' for each widget.

Yes indeed, read-only. The app only calls 2 of the Twitter API's endpoints, Get User Profile and Get Home Timeline. The first of which is to display your user's name, handle, avatar, follower/following/tweet count in the app. The latter is used to fetch up to the 3 latest tweets on your timeline (depending on the Widget size you choose).

Hope that helps. Thanks.

Paco II

macrumors 68020
Sep 13, 2009
Also, would love an option to exclude retweets and only get tweets and quote tweets. This is particularly useful when viewing a specific user’s tweets.

Edit: and one more minor request: since all taps require going through the app before being redirected to the Twitter app, please consider adding dark mode support to the app.

Paco II

macrumors 68020
Sep 13, 2009
Also, would love an option to exclude retweets and only get tweets and quote tweets. This is particularly useful when viewing a specific user’s tweets.

Edit: and one more minor request: since all taps require going through the app before being redirected to the Twitter app, please consider adding dark mode support to the app.

@jsh8w Happy to support your new in app purchase needs, but hope you’ll consider my above requests

Reactions: jsh8w

jsh8w

macrumors member
Dec 4, 2020
United Kingdom
@jsh8w Happy to support your new in app purchase needs, but hope you’ll consider my above requests

Hi @Paco II. Thanks for your support.

Yes, I've noted your suggested additions to Twidget and have added them to my list of features to implement.

I will try and get them implemented ASAP and will let you know when they're in.

Thanks again. ?

Reactions: Paco II

jsh8w

macrumors member
Dec 4, 2020
United Kingdom

Hi @Paco II.

v1.0.6 of Twidget was released to the App Store today with the two feature requests you mentioned. I've added in the ability to show/hide retweets and also added dark mode into the app which is based off the system appearance.

I've also added in the ability to show tweets based on a particular hashtag.

Thanks!

pacorob

macrumors 68020
Apr 8, 2010
the Netherlands
Hi everyone!

I've built an iOS 14 YouTube widget which was released to the App Store today! ? Available for free to download!

Download from the App Store

Main MacRumors Thread

Any questions, don't hesitate to get in touch. :)
Thanks for releasing this besides Twidget. It looks really good. I will test it out tonight further and let you know if I have an feedback to further improve.

Reactions: jsh8w

passatgt

macrumors 6502a
Jun 16, 2011
Hi! My app Heart Reports also supports widgets, 8 health related widget: heart rate, blood pressure, blood glucose, blood oxygen, steps, weight, burned calories, heart rate variability. All three sizes supported and you can change the main color of the widget too. Here is a screenshot:

widgets.png

pacorob

macrumors 68020
Apr 8, 2010
the Netherlands
Hi! My app Heart Reports also supports widgets, 8 health related widget: heart rate, blood pressure, blood glucose, blood oxygen, steps, weight, burned calories, heart rate variability. All three sizes supported and you can change the main color of the widget too. Here is a screenshot:

Congrats with the launch good to see you went with the premium model. I've also added it to the user collections (iOS14 and premium health apps) in the AppRaven app.

Reactions: passatgt

pacorob

macrumors 68020
Apr 8, 2010
the Netherlands
Wow, Weather Line will be shutting down.

Almost seems like a joke. April 1, 2022 shutdown. 13 months.

Didn't expect that as well. It is a bit vague who is taking over and if the app will continue with the new owner or not. If it goes the same way as Dark Sky with Apple I guess.

I'm still really happy with Carrot Weather although the v5 has some UI changes I don't like and hope to be changed soon although I tend to mostly use the homescreen widgets (with amount and % of precipitation).

passatgt

macrumors 6502a
Jun 16, 2011
Hi! I just released an app called Moni to show your WooCommerce sales as widgets. Kinda niche(i mainly did it for personal use...), but might be helpful for someone.

davem20

macrumors newbie
Dec 2, 2018

Attachments

• OnPoint Weather.png
    OnPoint Weather.png
    1.7 MB · Views: 147
  • widget_ iphone12 pro max..png
    widget_ iphone12 pro max..png
    1.9 MB · Views: 150
Reactions: passatgt

passatgt

macrumors 6502a
Jun 16, 2011
A new water intake widget is now available in my app(which is now free), you can set a daily goal in the widget options too.

1619043877306.png

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.