Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

JGruber

macrumors 6502
Feb 13, 2006
Just did the greenp0sion JB.

iPad 32GB wifi. Already jail broken with redsn0w, ran greenp0sion and it did it first time, no problems what so ever.

OSMac

macrumors 65816
Jun 14, 2010
Just did the greenp0sion JB.

iPad 32GB wifi. Already jail broken with redsn0w, ran greenp0sion and it did it first time, no problems what so ever.

Does it have a boot logo , what is it, can it be removed or changed?

McGilli

macrumors 6502
Nov 11, 2008
Worked great!

I didn't put on a fresh restore file or nothing. I just went ahead with 1gb left on my ipad and it worked fine. no previous JB.

Thanks to those who put up all the instructions!

man00

macrumors newbie
Jan 23, 2011
I read if after jailbreaking and if something goes wrong you can restore with a backup.
But doesn't Ipad backup/sync each time you connect it to computer? Wouldn't doing that in that case just restore that jailbreak back to the Ipad?

Night Spring

macrumors G5
Jul 17, 2008
I read if after jailbreaking and if something goes wrong you can restore with a backup.
But doesn't Ipad backup/sync each time you connect it to computer? Wouldn't doing that in that case just restore that jailbreak back to the Ipad?

No. Backup just contains system settings and app data. Jailbreaking modifys the operating system itself, which isn't part of the backup. Some jailbreak apps do save their app data and settings in a way that they become part of the backup, but that's just the same as when a non-jb app stores data inside the backup.

MaxPower49

macrumors 6502a
Sep 11, 2008
Are people still having problems with iBooks after the greepois0n jailbreak? Thats the only thing holding me back right now.

iserian

macrumors 6502
Apr 30, 2010
Palo Alto Apple Store
Once you JB you will not be able to use Purchased Books from IBOOKS. You will still be able to use Epub's and PDF's that are non DRM'd. Someone else posted that they were not able to get the "free" Winnie book to work and this makes sense because I would bet that it is DRM'd. If you need access to your purchased books then I would suggest waiting until-or-if they are able to fix this.

Are people still having problems with iBooks after the greepois0n jailbreak? Thats the only thing holding me back right now.

Night Spring

macrumors G5
Jul 17, 2008
Once you JB you will not be able to use Purchased Books from IBOOKS. You will still be able to use Epub's and PDF's that are non DRM'd. Someone else posted that they were not able to get the "free" Winnie book to work and this makes sense because I would bet that it is DRM'd. If you need access to your purchased books then I would suggest waiting until-or-if they are able to fix this.

I got the Pooh book working after a few tries. It's really annoying because you can never predict which books will open. I keep my iPad jailbroken, though, because to me it's not crucial that I can read books I purchased from iBooks. I've taken to just buying books from Amazon and deDRMing them.

man00

macrumors newbie
Jan 23, 2011

My Ibooks worked okay, I dunno something just didn't seem right after the jailbreak so I went back to stock

lokerd

macrumors 6502a
May 2, 2010
Beaumont
Once you JB you will not be able to use Purchased Books from IBOOKS.

I UT JBed my wifes iPad and it seems to be working fine. She had not installed any iBooks, but she has been using Kindle, and it seems to be working fine.

Cha

macrumors regular
May 1, 2010
iBooks with DRM do not work after JB (both Redsn0w and GP), like the Pooh book. But some of the free books works fine.

Night Spring

macrumors G5
Jul 17, 2008
iBooks with DRM do not work after JB (both Redsn0w and GP), like the Pooh book. But some of the free books works fine.

In my experience, ALL of the non-DRM books work fine. It's just the ones with DRM that don't work. The difference is not in free/paid, but DRM/non-DRM.

MikePA

macrumors 68020
Aug 17, 2008
I UT JBed my wifes iPad and it seems to be working fine. She had not installed any iBooks, but she has been using Kindle, and it seems to be working fine.

That's because there has never been a problem with the Kindle application.

thesmoth

macrumors 6502
Oct 7, 2008
got my buddies ipad (16 gig, 3G), updated from 3.2.2 to 4.2.1, ran the greenpoison jailbreak, worked fine so far. I'm just running cydia now.

mgmusicman94

macrumors 6502a
Nov 16, 2008
Didn't work for me, the process was completed but the iPad screen just displayed this...

Unable to find gBdevList

Unable to find fs_mount
Unable to find fs_unmount
Unable to find fs_load_file
Greenpois0n initialized

I got that, waited about 30 seconds, then it ran all the code and completed successfully.

ZipZap

macrumors 603
Dec 14, 2007
Updated from a JB 3.2.1 ipad to 4.2. Ran latest GP for windows. No problems.

Cha

macrumors regular
May 1, 2010
In my experience, ALL of the non-DRM books work fine. It's just the ones with DRM that don't work. The difference is not in free/paid, but DRM/non-DRM.

I did say DRM books were the books that had the issue. I should have clarified the DRM/non-DRM portion. I brought up the free books topic at the end, because most people just checks with free books and say that iBooks is functioning. :)

germinator

macrumors 6502
Apr 22, 2009
Two issues so far

1. Fake Operator does not work
2. Airprint does not work. Used AirPrintActivator and shared my Brother color laser printer. It says: "No printer found".

thoryamaha919

macrumors member
Nov 10, 2008
Pittsburgh PA
This is taken from the iPhone Hacks forum:

Originally Posted by sbddude
Worked for me on the first try.

iPhone 4, 4.2.1, with redsn0w tethered JB. Did not restore.

Using a MBP with latest iTunes version.

Downloaded from here: http://www.quickpwn.com/greenpois0n-download

Direct link: http://goo.gl/9EyiQ

0. Back up in iTunes
1. Closed iTunes
2. Unzip greenpois0n
3. Open greenpois0n
4. Press and hold power, power off iphone.
5. Press power for 3 seconds
6. Press and hold power + home for 10 seconds
7. While still holding home, release power
8. Click jailbreak in greenpois0n
9. Keep holding home until jailbreak is complete
10. Wiat 3-4 minutes for iPhone to boot up.
11. Done.

All apps are there, cydia working. Can reboot fully untethered. Skull Logo at boot.

I followed this step by step and was already jail broken on redsn0w and had no issues at all.

I did use the latest version of greenpois0n RC6.

cdubz

macrumors newbie
Oct 8, 2010
I ran the GP jailbreak and everything went great:first shot.Spent a chunk of Sat. setting it up, seemed to have it right were I like everything.Now this morning I go to check cydia for any updates and it seems that I no longer have the cydia icon any where to be found.Is there a way to reload cydia without having to rebreak.I can get the page to open in safair or atomic but it won't let me load any apps.

NoStopN

macrumors 6502
Jul 13, 2010
Murfreesboro, TN
I ran the GP jailbreak and everything went great:first shot.Spent a chunk of Sat. setting it up, seemed to have it right were I like everything.Now this morning I go to check cydia for any updates and it seems that I no longer have the cydia icon any where to be found.Is there a way to reload cydia without having to rebreak.I can get the page to open in safair or atomic but it won't let me load any apps.

Run redsn0w & set it up to only install Cydia. Since you have run greenpoison, redsnow won't hurt your untethered JB.

gadgetdad

macrumors 6502a
Sep 10, 2007
On my iPhone
I applied greenpoison last night on my 4.2.1 out of the box ipad. It took me 2 times to do it. I found that during the steps to enter into dfu, if I held down the sleep and home button for 2 seconds longer it worked fine. Maybe the timing was off in the installer ?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.