Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

lokerd

macrumors 6502a
May 2, 2010
Beaumont
I applied greenpoison last night on my 4.2.1 out of the box ipad. It took me 2 times to do it. I found that during the steps to enter into dfu, if I held down the sleep and home button for 2 seconds longer it worked fine. Maybe the timing was off in the installer ?

Same here. I count it out manually and ignore what is on the countdown timers.

I have UT JB working successfully on two iPads and an iphone4, so very pleased here.

Thank you to those committed to helping the JB community.

I wish we didn't to do this and that Apple just make things easier for people to do what they want. I gave a presentation to a group of teachers and admins and I felt silly trying to explain why I didn't have to slide to unlock, or why my pad had a bunch of icons on the bottom row.

Blacklabel34

macrumors 6502
Jul 6, 2009
Orange County
Yes - I did it this way (using update in iTunes) before Jailbreaking.
Currently have 3.2 JB
Really would like to have 4.2.1 JB

My question is:
Won't I loose all my cydia apps? I have mods/apps that I have paid for and dont wish to loose these. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
BTW I looked into syncing cydia apps and tried but with no success. Also for example I purchased the "display out" wouldnt I loose this?how do I not loose this.

Blacklabel34

macrumors 6502
Jul 6, 2009
Orange County
got it working.

Updated to 4.2.1 without restoring. Plugged iPad into MBP, updated to 4.2.1 then installed GP which was easy just follow the directions. (BTW iBlank app from cydia stayed, not the actual app but the blank icons you create were still there, pretty cool) Loader worked like a charm, however all my cydia apps were gone (minus the blank icons). No problemo I just re-download them. As for the apps/mods I paid for, cydia recognized I had previously purchased and I was allowed to re-download them for free. Thank you GP and thank you Cydia.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.