Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

fuzion11

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Sep 24, 2008
Hamilton, Ontario
Granted I don't have any JB tweaks or JB apps installed yet (with the exception of Grooveshark) - I only lost around 1-3% over night on a GP JB iPhone 4 the other night. My room gets rubbish mobile reception too - it's always jumping around between 2g and 3g.

Well maybe I lose 10% is because I keep my bluetooth on (not active, but on) location services are on, I fetch 3 mail accounts every 30 minutes, I have nexus live wallpaper on the home screen running in the background, notications are always on....but I do have wifi and push services set to off.

ulbador

macrumors 68000
Feb 11, 2010
Well maybe I lose 10% is because I keep my bluetooth on (not active, but on) location services are on, I fetch 3 mail accounts every 30 minutes, I have nexus live wallpaper on the home screen running in the background, notications are always on....but I do have wifi and push services set to off.

That still seems EXTREMELY high. I would try calibrating the battery using the method you mentioned above. I leave pretty much everything on. Leaving my phone unplugged all night and with an hour of usage this morning "pretty light", I am at 92% right now. The live wallpapers are pretty wicked battery killers, but I don't think they run when the phone is asleep.

fuzion11

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Sep 24, 2008
Hamilton, Ontario
That still seems EXTREMELY high. I would try calibrating the battery using the method you mentioned above. I leave pretty much everything on. Leaving my phone unplugged all night and with an hour of usage this morning "pretty light", I am at 92% right now.

Thanks for the advice, I'll try to recalibrate tomorrow after I do the final test with GP tonight. I so hope I'm wrong and everything will be fine because I do really love having my phone untethered.

fuzion11

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Sep 24, 2008
Hamilton, Ontario
Well guys and gals I ran the final GP battery test last night and I'm happy to say when I woke up this morning after having the phone on standby for 10hrs with nothing running in the background my phone was at 94%

dudeabiding

macrumors 6502
Aug 24, 2009
My i4 w/GP, if I charge it at night, and leave it on standby in my pocket all day, shows 98% at night. I have WiFi and BT turn on and then off after 45 minutes in the morn and aft via Scheduler, Location is off, no push of any kind. If I use the phone (1/2 hour walk w/iPod on, some phone calls, some texts, some Cydia play) I end up at 75-80%. If I make some long calls (20-30 min) as well, it goes down to just above 50%. I charge it nightly through a dock, not a computer. Restored it from 4.01 to 4.2.1 and did a clean reinstall, not a backup. Tons of tweaks, it's themed, Winterboard is definitely involved. :)

cheme75

macrumors newbie
Feb 18, 2011
East Coast US
fwiw... i have 3gs - fw 4.1/bb 06.15 - phone was original att locked... i did the redsnow jb and the ultrasnow unlock when it came out in dec with the 06.15 workaround for unlocking so i could use phone in norway. I didn't have service in the us so was only using wifi and all seemed fine. when i swapped out the att sim for the telenor sim, drainage picked up big time. so I turned off push, cut mail fetch to 30 min and cut back on most notifications. not a huge improvement but was not as bad as some I was reading about. anyway, i redid jb with updated redsnow and then installed sam and samprefs - basically I forgot I had the original att sim with me so used SAM to activate, also to clear push sessions and it seems to have done the trick. it seems my only battery issue now is when I end up switching between 3g and wifi as I come and go during the day - I use wifi at home, the gym and the coffee shop. the more I end up on 3g, and the more I drop and regain 3g if I am traveling, the more it drains the battery.

I used push checker and it said my notification system works (which it does - I always get my msg notices and sports scores), just says my certificates are not unique... not sure if that causes any excess battery usage or not.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.