Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Rok73

macrumors 65816
Apr 21, 2015
Planet Earth
AC+ also = insurance in France and Germany, btw.
Confirmed. I am from Germany and it IS an insurance here and the rep was reading the TOC to me for at least 5 minutes at the phone. I nearly fell asleep due to the female rep's sonorous voice.

iConnected

macrumors 6502a
Feb 17, 2011
Rephrased (covers all AppleCare+ coverage everywhere):

For anyone who thinks that making fraudulent AppleCare+ claims is OK:

YOU all pay some money into a pot. Anyone who has an incident with their watch (for which they hadn't previously bought AC+) can take money out of that pot to pay for their related replacements and repairs. Whenever that pot runs low, you all top it back up again.

There will be no governance over those taking money out of the pot, because everyone has bigger things to worry about. So anyone who feels like dipping in should just go ahead and keep on taking. And you all keep on paying.​

With this system in place, all honest Apple customers can pay fair prices - both now and when they buy Apple products and/or AppleCare+ again in the future - instead of subsidising people who think it's OK to defraud them.

Because it is only ever customers who end up paying for abuse of any system.

iConnected

macrumors 6502a
Feb 17, 2011
Reactions: Rok73

Javabird

macrumors 6502
Apr 27, 2015
I've heard other people on this forum say you need to have the watch inspected at an Apple store to add AC+ if you didn't purchase it at the same time you buy the watch. That said, you can pay for out of pocket repair to have the glass repaired.

Rok73

macrumors 65816
Apr 21, 2015
Planet Earth
No one should rely on legal advice posted anonymously on the internet.
It's up to you to read the T&C for AC+ from Apple. Links for Germany & France have been posted. But I guess it's ok for you to criticize without any argument.

Fact: There are countries in Europe where it is considered fraudulent if you make use of an insurance which was bought after a product (good, whatever) has been damaged or destroyed. That's common knowledge here. If anyone finds out about it or you wanna take the risk, that's on another page. I wouldn't recommend it anyhow.

Last edited:
Reactions: ohio.emt

Rok73

macrumors 65816
Apr 21, 2015
Planet Earth
I've heard other people on this forum say you need to have the watch inspected at an Apple store to add AC+ if you didn't purchase it at the same time you buy the watch. That said, you can pay for out of pocket repair to have the glass repaired.
I purchased AC+ one day after the AW got delivered. I actually WAS in the Apple Store in order to do that but they told me it's only possible to buy it on the phone if you haven't ordered it together with the Watch. Which is right for my country.

Rok73

macrumors 65816
Apr 21, 2015
Planet Earth
Holy guacamole, one little wise-crack joke about purchasing Apple Care+ after-the-fact of damaging the Watch and the flood gates open....
I see, you're not a fan of a healthy discussion and exchange of facts and opinions. Why did you even bother posting here, then? LOL. Ah yea, I forgot: you have issues with discussions in forums. :rolleyes:o_O

CellXor10

macrumors regular
Apr 23, 2015
Connecticut, USA
I see, you're not a fan of a healthy discussion and exchange of facts and opinions. Why did you even bother posting here, then? LOL. Ah yea, I forgot: you have issues with discussions in forums. :rolleyes:o_O

Lol, I was more so intending to point out the tangent this thread has flown away on. But sometimes that's just how it goes, isn't it? :rolleyes:;);)

Reactions: Rok73

pooleman

Suspended
Jan 11, 2012
Eastern CT
This is why I am getting a screen protector for my Apple Watch Sport. I am also thinking of getting one of those ugly Spigen cases just in case.

jdogg836

macrumors 6502
Jul 28, 2010
Oklahoma
For the record, buying AppleCare+ after accidental damage is not a crime.

Immoral, yes, but not a crime.

This is false, in a number of countries this constitutes a form of fraud. Plus, for those of us who choose to buy it correctly it could cause the price to be raised next time. Insurance is designed to create a healthy profit margin, since Apple makes their products the cost can be lower as they are only out the real cost of the unit. Crap like this WILL cause the price to climb if the insurance pays out more than expected.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.