Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

BigMcGuire

Cancelled
Jan 10, 2012
One other option I have is keeping the 256GB Air 5 and saving the $480 and build that up to me getting either an M1 or M2. But I would love it if my Air 5 speakers were loud like the one you received. That blue… Man, it’s just got me excited to see it in person.
The only way I could use a 64GB iPad is if I turned off photos, turned off iMessage, and used it more as a reading tablet - books, websites, and YouTube only. 128GB - I find I use about 3/4th of that comfortably without going out of my way to restrict what I do on an iPad.

256GB is good for future proofing.

The Air is a great iPad if you haven’t used an iPad Pro 11. Going from a Pro 11 to an Air resulted in me quickly donating the Air to family. You notice the slightly smaller screen, slightly less contrast, the lack of 120Hz, and the audio quality difference. They are slight so imo, the cost difference from a 256 Air 5 to a 128GB Pro 11 - I’d go Pro 11 any day.

But the Air with the M1 and 8GB of ram? I’d be happy with that. That should last a good long while.

mnsportsgeek

macrumors 601
Feb 24, 2009
I have a 64gb iPad that is plenty for me. I optimize photos, use Apple Music, and am always on WiFi. I have no need for more storage.

Whether you can get by really depends on whether you keep stuff locally on your iPad for "peace of mind" when in reality you'll never need it. I used to think I always wanted stuff stored locally. Then I realized it was a total waste for my use case.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.