Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

one more

macrumors 601
Aug 6, 2015
Earth
I’m curious of this as well. I did the speed performance tests and the single core processing score was still what they say are expected for brand new phones but my multi core score was lower. My battery is at 77% and my iPhone 11 is so slow it’s often unusable.

I’m hoping the iPhone 14 will have an option that doesn’t cause migraines because I don’t know how much longer I can keep this POS but I’m hoping a new battery will give me another year if the iPhone 14 still has a ****** OLED screen.

I seem to remember being able to override peak performance limitations in the battery settings. It seems to me we could opt out of it at our own risk of experiencing sudden shutdowns. Not sure if it still exists, but could be worth trying.

Rodan52

macrumors 6502
I’m curious of this as well. I did the speed performance tests and the single core processing score was still what they say are expected for brand new phones but my multi core score was lower. My battery is at 77% and my iPhone 11 is so slow it’s often unusable.

I’m hoping the iPhone 14 will have an option that doesn’t cause migraines because I don’t know how much longer I can keep this POS but I’m hoping a new battery will give me another year if the iPhone 14 still has a ****** OLED screen.
Define "slow". A lower than 100% battery shouldn't effect performance much. can you give us an example of slow. It may be due to a completely different cause.

Reactions: one more

Jerhen

macrumors 6502
Oct 22, 2015
They don’t say much…

View attachment 2047730
Thanks for the reply back. I was just curious if it said anything about performance being impacted as my iPhone 11 Pro is getting close to your health.
C20E6871-524C-4E4E-BBE5-DC7449448FF1.png

LiverbirdBln

macrumors newbie
Aug 26, 2022
Thanks for the reply back. I was just curious if it said anything about performance being impacted as my iPhone 11 Pro is getting close to your health.
Apple further explains it on their support page:

“This message does not indicate a safety issue. Your battery can still be used. However, you may be experiencing more noticeable battery and performance issues. A new replacement battery will improve your experience.”

So maybe the battery health is related to performance. Unfortunately they don’t explain what “improve your experience” means.

My phone is having issues loading apps, switching between apps, turning off the screen sometimes gets stuck. And I am certain I had these issues when the battery was above 80% health. Are you experiencing any lagging yet?

Jerhen

macrumors 6502
Oct 22, 2015
Apple further explains it on their support page:

“This message does not indicate a safety issue. Your battery can still be used. However, you may be experiencing more noticeable battery and performance issues. A new replacement battery will improve your experience.”

So maybe the battery health is related to performance. Unfortunately they don’t explain what “improve your experience” means.

My phone is having issues loading apps, switching between apps, turning off the screen sometimes gets stuck. And I am certain I had these issues when the battery was above 80% health. Are you experiencing any lagging yet?
Yes, a little bit. Especially the camera. If I take a photo and close the app almost like animation lag. Also seems a little laggy taking a photo. I have a smart battery case that I bought for my iPhone, I haven’t used it much, just maybe a couple days every 6 months to keep the battery somewhat charged in the case in case I need to use it if my iPhone battery doesn’t make it through the day and the case makes my phone feel faster and not as laggy. I only bought the case because I used to have an iPhone 6s that I had to charge multiple times per day and was worried that eventually this phone would be like that. I’ve been able to make it through the day with my phone right now and haven’t had to use it. I’m not really a firm believer on battery replacement as I don’t have an Apple store near me, just bestbuy and another authorized service provider. I’m just concerned that the water resistance won’t be as good if they replace the battery.

LiverbirdBln

macrumors newbie
Aug 26, 2022
Yes, a little bit. Especially the camera. If I take a photo and close the app almost like animation lag. Also seems a little laggy taking a photo. I have a smart battery case that I bought for my iPhone, I haven’t used it much, just maybe a couple days every 6 months to keep the battery somewhat charged in the case in case I need to use it if my iPhone battery doesn’t make it through the day and the case makes my phone feel faster and not as laggy. I only bought the case because I used to have an iPhone 6s that I had to charge multiple times per day and was worried that eventually this phone would be like that. I’ve been able to make it through the day with my phone right now and haven’t had to use it. I’m not really a firm believer on battery replacement as I don’t have an Apple store near me, just bestbuy and another authorized service provider. I’m just concerned that the water resistance won’t be as good if they replace the battery.
Isn’t there a chance of sending your phone to Apple? Not sure they offer it for battery replacement too, but I’ve seen this “we collect your phone and send the repaired phone back” thing, never used it though.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.