Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

jonblatho

macrumors 68030
Original poster
Jan 20, 2014
Oklahoma
Shoots and misses.. might be a case of reading too much into things fam :)
We’ll see what happens. My bet remains that it doesn’t ship in 12.0 despite UITraitCollection.userInterfaceStyle being opened up in 12.0. There’s no option, and I’ve been digging around to find it, that actually changes it.

My assumption would be that they were working on it and, for some reason, had to pull it. As I’ve mentioned, this issue can get pretty hard to solve programmatically.

It’s coming to iOS. We now seem to know that much. When? Maybe a point-release…more likely in iOS 13.0. But if they didn’t announce it on stage today, I highly doubt it’s coming in 12.0.

Kognito

macrumors regular
Jul 27, 2011
am I the only one who noticed it?

Look at that notification shade right there ...min 35:18 from the apple website complete WWDC'18 video

View attachment 764544
Noticed this too. Not personally a huge fan of dark mode usually, but I’m surprised the majority seemed to miss this completely. I’d say we will see dark mode on iOS 12 either by September or in a 12.x update.

TimFL1

macrumors 68000
Jul 6, 2017
Germany
am I the only one who noticed it?

Look at that notification shade right there ...min 35:18 from the apple website complete WWDC'18 video

View attachment 764544
That‘s just Siri suggestions having a dark color. It has nothing to do with notifications or dark modd. One could also argue that the dark lock screen music player is an indicator for dark mode.

I guess we either see dark mode at the fall event or in a point update. Maybe they delay it till iOS13 to give devs a longer heads up to integrate dark themes for their app... otherwise there is no point in adding a dark mode when you‘re looking at a 1 year timeframe till most devs push out a compatible dark mode app.

tkwlee

macrumors regular
Dec 18, 2010
That‘s just Siri suggestions having a dark color. It has nothing to do with notifications or dark modd. One could also argue that the dark lock screen music player is an indicator for dark mode.

I guess we either see dark mode at the fall event or in a point update. Maybe they delay it till iOS13 to give devs a longer heads up to integrate dark themes for their app... otherwise there is no point in adding a dark mode when you‘re looking at a 1 year timeframe till most devs push out a compatible dark mode app.

Honestly I wish there will be dark mode for setting, AppStore app etc... I will be okay even if there is no system-wide dark mode after all.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.