Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Dorsey says

macrumors newbie
Nov 19, 2014
What's up everybody... I figured out the problem immediately after I stumbled upon this web error... And this is what I did

: never use safari
: go to your AppStore
: search for Opera mini browser
: download it then use it from now on

Problem solved

C DM

macrumors Sandy Bridge
Oct 17, 2011
What's up everybody... I figured out the problem immediately after I stumbled upon this web error... And this is what I did

: never use safari
: go to your AppStore
: search for Opera mini browser
: download it then use it from now on

Problem solved
Not really since the problem might still be there, you are just not paying attention to it essentially.

Dorsey says

macrumors newbie
Nov 19, 2014
Actually I am having no problems loading webpages when I have multiple windows open when I use Opera Mini.

----------

Not really since the problem might still be there, you are just not paying attention to it essentially.

It's working fine with me. It's just the safari acting up

Last edited:

C DM

macrumors Sandy Bridge
Oct 17, 2011
Actually I am having no problems loading webpages when I have multiple windows open when I use Opera Mini.

----------

It's working fine with me. It's just the safari acting up
Right, that's what I meant--you are working around the issue of basically using a different browser, but the issue itself (with Safari) is still there nonetheless.

jrspies

macrumors newbie
Dec 4, 2012
Apple killing off older iPhones and iPads

same problem for me. I sincerely regret the upgrade to iOS8. Every 5-10 minutes Safari crashes with the error message.
"A problem occurred with this webpage so it was reloaded"

The error message should read...
"A problem occurred with this OS, have you considered a new iPad?"

This is not a bug, this is an intentional strategy by apple to get those of us with older iPads & iPhones to landfill the old ones.

Dear Lord, may the toxic chemicals from my discarded iPad 2 leach into the drinking water of Tim Cook.

Thank a lot Apple

jjk454ss

macrumors 601
Jul 10, 2008
same problem for me. I sincerely regret the upgrade to iOS8. Every 5-10 minutes Safari crashes with the error message.

This is not a bug, this is an intentional strategy by apple to get those of us with older iPads & iPhones to landfill the old ones.

Dear Lord, may the toxic chemicals from my discarded iPad 2 leach into the drinking water of Tim Cook.

Thank a lot Apple

Then they are getting ahead of themselves, I see this on my iPad Air 2.

richardc1983

macrumors regular
Nov 13, 2010
Leeds, UK
Also having this same issue occur since Wednesday 17/12 on my iPad Air. It occurs on multiple web pages such as http://www.dailymail.co.uk/home/index.html and http://www.three.co.uk/ very very annoying.

The weird thing is the pages work fine on my iPhone 5 using Safari so I know its not the websites.

I've tried resetting network settings and also deleting safari data and history to no avail. Just what is the issue and how come its only just started. I'm running latest iOS 8 on both devices.

sunking101

macrumors 604
Sep 19, 2013
Yes they do. That's why the infamous tab reloading problem was actually a safari problem mostly but the RAM crackheads just didn't get that. Oh well.

Tab reloading happens with Chrome, Opera and Mercury too.

----------

Thank a lot Apple

Bang goes your theory because it happens on my iPhone 6+ even more frequently than my iPhone 5.

owenmahamilton

macrumors newbie
Jan 26, 2015
I'm having a slightly different problem that quite often ends up with this error occurring. I have an iPad 4 32Gb running the latest iOS version, I live in the UK and a while back my location on the BBC website got reset to London rather than where I live, when I try and correct this I can select my location but when I try and click confirm, nothing happens, all I can do is click cancel and sometimes if I try and click confirm multiple times the message about A problem occurred with this web page so it was reloaded comes up and I am back to square one.

Last edited:

Weaselboy

Staff member
Jan 23, 2005
California
[Mod Note]

I have deleted several posts that were off topic. Please keep the discussion on the thread subject. Thanks

Ggvfvgbffbf

macrumors regular
Sep 10, 2014
Manchester, England
8.1.3 here on iPad 3 and iPhone 6. Get this daily since iOS 8.

It's dreadful. Standards have dropped since Steve passed away.

I long for the day when I see the MacRumors headline 'Jonny Ive removed from software to focus on hardware development'.

Dino F

Suspended
Sep 16, 2010
Croydon, South London, UK
Tab reloading happens with Chrome, Opera and Mercury too.

----------

Bang goes your theory because it happens on my iPhone 6+ even more frequently than my iPhone 5.

.....it REALLY is annoying that the reloading issue also happens on other browsers, on my iPad 2. I thought I would try Mercury to get around this reloading thing but it seems they ALL do it :mad:

LordQ

Suspended
Sep 22, 2012
I believe is due to RAM.

I get this a lot on big image-based websites such as the desktop Instagram page on my iPhone.

Corey8571

macrumors newbie
Feb 16, 2015
I have the same problem on iPod touch 5th gen but only on some pages. Only happens when I'm playing a video or on the apple site?? Is there any way to fix it or do I just hope that they sort it in the next update?

KUguardgrl13

macrumors 68020
May 16, 2013
Kansas, USA
This just started happening today with my iPad Mini 1st gen on iOS 8.1.3. Tab reloading has been happening for a while, but this is the first I've seen this error message. Maybe it's time for a fresh install.

RiddlaBronc

macrumors 6502a
Oct 14, 2013
Mcallen Tx
I have gotten this before on one website and it was a picture hosting site.
I doubt its due to 1gb of ram since that is plenty it seems for simple internet browsing.

steve62388

macrumors 68040
Apr 23, 2013
I think people notice it more because now iOS tells you there was an error, before pages would just reload without an explanation why.

angelamaehill

macrumors newbie
Mar 30, 2015
Have this same error

I have an iMac, iPad, and iPhone. I only have this error message come up on my iPad. And it seems to only happen to me on the Walmart website. I sure would like to get an answer on why. Oh and the iPad is new.

sunking101

macrumors 604
Sep 19, 2013
I think people notice it more because now iOS tells you there was an error, before pages would just reload without an explanation why.

I don't think this is a typical 'reload' situation. The websites that this mainly happens on, data heavy newspaper sites and suchlike, usually crash on occasion when I use other browsers. With Safari they don't crash, you just get the 'problem with the webpage' message and the site reloads. I think there is some code within Safari which catches a crash and prevents it closing the app. It's probably hiding some bug or other, because these newspaper websites never used to crash before iOS8.

gavroche

macrumors 65816
Oct 25, 2007
Left Coast
I think I've seen it once perhaps and possibly due to something weird on the web site (like some ad being weird or something else not loading properly, as happens in desktop browsers as well at times). So not really something general/widespread for whatever reason.

People are creatures of habit. I'd bet that most people have a very small set of websites that they visit on a regular basis. So those people that say it happens "all the time" for them... it's probably that they regular a website with something weird or odd going on... as you suggested.

Deasnutz

macrumors 6502
Jun 9, 2011
People are creatures of habit. I'd bet that most people have a very small set of websites that they visit on a regular basis. So those people that say it happens "all the time" for them... it's probably that they regular a website with something weird or odd going on... as you suggested.

So, it's the websites problem? Or the users?

Nah, it's an issue in iOS and Apple. It should be able page out memory segments rather than crash. Apple also should have put higher density memory in the iPhone 6. IOS is turning into Android!

gavroche

macrumors 65816
Oct 25, 2007
Left Coast
So, it's the websites problem? Or the users?

Nah, it's an issue in iOS and Apple. It should be able page out memory segments rather than crash. Apple also should have put higher density memory in the iPhone 6. IOS is turning into Android!

You are missing my point entirely. I'm saying nothing at all as to who or what is at fault, or what should be fixed. I'm saying that those people who experience this problem far more than others.... its likely that its a problem encountered due to something presented from a website they visit. If two different people are running the exact same operating system and have very different frequencies of occurrence, you have to look to something external that is causing the problem.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.