Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.
Status
Not open for further replies.

jkcerda

macrumors 6502a
Jun 10, 2013
Criminal Mexi Midget
In all respect, Macrumors is a place where we talk about Apple and the tech world in general. I don’t think that people should post inflammatory political comments that are too liberal OR too conservative. Instead of focusing on what divides us in America, why don’t we just focus on what brings us together, which is a desire to talk about Apple and tech. Just my thoughts, it hurts me to see all the hatred.
looks worse than it actually is, plenty on that section of the forum would have no problems having a beer with those from the opposite side.
[doublepost=1530415123][/doublepost]
Yes, as @LizKat said…it's true.

PRSI post do not count.
if they did I would be wayyyyyyyyyy up there. I think I still hold the record for most liked post.

AlliFlowers

macrumors 601
Jan 1, 2011
L.A. (Lower Alabama)
looks worse than it actually is, plenty on that section of the forum would have no problems having a beer with those from the opposite side.
[doublepost=1530415123][/doublepost]
if they did I would be wayyyyyyyyyy up there. I think I still hold the record for most liked post.

I'd have a beer with you. Except that I don't drink beer. And I've never really been sure which side you were on. :);)

LizKat

macrumors 604
Aug 5, 2004
Catskill Mountains

jkcerda

macrumors 6502a
Jun 10, 2013
Criminal Mexi Midget
And without his even providing any new recipes for Mexican food. For shame!

nm @jkcerda we have an actual taco truck cruising around the Catskills now. Not sure how authentic the fare is but apparently it's quite popular.

ummmmm tacos.
I'd have a beer with you. Except that I don't drink beer. And I've never really been sure which side you were on. :);)
extreme left in conservative forums (how dare I support equal marriage, pot legalization and a woman's right to chose) and guessing far right here due to my views on the 2nd. :p oh and I also don't drink beer unless the FIL is feeling lonely and needs some company, got to say probably had a total of two beers this year?

Yes you do…

Damnit!!! I added to your likes again!!!!
thank you

hug.gif

redheeler

macrumors G3
Oct 17, 2014
Colorado, USA
In all respect, Macrumors is a place where we talk about Apple and the tech world in general. I don’t think that people should post inflammatory political comments that are too liberal OR too conservative. Instead of focusing on what divides us in America, why don’t we just focus on what brings us together, which is a desire to talk about Apple and tech. Just my thoughts, it hurts me to see all the hatred.
The fact that posts in the PRSI section don't even count toward your post count is indicative that political discussion was never envisioned as the main purpose of this site. Rather, it was added as a way to enable more active forum members to discuss something that isn't related to Apple products, if they so choose. And you can of course choose to completely ignore that part of the forum.

I do agree that these days heavy partisanship is an issue and common sense, logic, or decency is lacking in most places where political discussion takes place.

Reactions: eyoungren

eyoungren

macrumors Penryn
Aug 31, 2011
So your main reason for positing is just to garner a higher post count, I find that hard to believe.:D
Nah, if that was my sole intention I'd be responding to every post. :)

The main reason I post in other places on MacRumors is to help others (if I can) and contribute where I can. The PRSI forums are different. It's all about opinion and you don't get any credit for that. So, that's my main reason for not posting there.

Reactions: BigMcGuire

eyoungren

macrumors Penryn
Aug 31, 2011
Why not? A post is a post.
You'd have to ask the mods why the posts don't count.

As to why I don't post in PRSI even though it doesn't count, well PRSI is opinion based. The idea is to express your opinion on a topic, defend your position and argue your points. It's not about helping others or contributing to a solution (although that may happen sometimes).

I know what I believe and it's unlikely to change. I'd either be posting to have my opinion validated by others or to get into an argument with someone whose opinion is ALSO not going to change.

I'm okay with discussions in forums, even discussions where both people are firm. I'm not into arguments, particularly when those arguments lead to new aditions to my ignore list. This often drives me to rage, which is an all too frequent visitor throughout my life. I'd rather not invite it.

That's why. :)

Plutonius

macrumors G3
Feb 22, 2003
New Hampshire, USA

Have you checked out the PRSI forum ?

eyoungren

macrumors Penryn
Aug 31, 2011
Sounds like a good PRSI post once you can post there.
LOL, well she'd be a case study for sure. Start with the word "pathological" and go from there.

But as much as I disdain her and have mentioned her from time to time, I work for a small company (less than 10 people) and I value my job. So, an entire thread with pages of responses is not in the cards. :D

Reactions: AlliFlowers

OllyW

Staff member
Oct 11, 2005
The Black Country, England
The fact that posts in the PRSI section don't even count toward your post count is indicative that political discussion was never envisioned as the main purpose of this site.
The PRSI forum was added to keep PRSI discussion out of the main forums as the majority of our members don’t want to read about it while they are browsing a tech site.

Apple fanboy

macrumors Ivy Bridge
Feb 21, 2012
Behind the Lens, UK
You'd have to ask the mods why the posts don't count.

As to why I don't post in PRSI even though it doesn't count, well PRSI is opinion based. The idea is to express your opinion on a topic, defend your position and argue your points. It's not about helping others or contributing to a solution (although that may happen sometimes).

I know what I believe and it's unlikely to change. I'd either be posting to have my opinion validated by others or to get into an argument with someone whose opinion is ALSO not going to change.

I'm okay with discussions in forums, even discussions where both people are firm. I'm not into arguments, particularly when those arguments lead to new aditions to my ignore list. This often drives me to rage, which is an all too frequent visitor throughout my life. I'd rather not invite it.

That's why. :)
Same here.
[doublepost=1530459794][/doublepost]
The PRSI forum was added to keep PRSI discussion out of the main forums as the majority of our members don’t want to read about it while they are browsing a tech site.
Quite right to! Plus it helps the mods know where to go to sort out the name calling etc! ;)

Reactions: eyoungren

FeliApple

macrumors 68040
Apr 8, 2015
Too US centric. I came here because of Apple products and it will stay that way. I'm not interested in the subtleties of every single US political decision. I mean, I try to stay informed about it, but I'm not interested in discussing them.

LizKat

macrumors 604
Aug 5, 2004
Catskill Mountains
Why not? A post is a post.

Yes but the forum is still MacRumors forum and PRSI is about the farthest thing from tech in general and Macs in particular... unless Tim Cook has opined on something, anything, even including Macs or tech or heck the weather in Cupertino.

So I get why PRSI posts don't count, even before having a good look at a few of them: c'mon, we'd have to have a scale from -10 to at least a 4.

Anyway imagine the stress on the counting module having to make all those adjustments for, um... moderation.

NB: I have not meant to politicize this thread by dropping a certain name...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.