Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Kayvanblue

macrumors newbie
Jan 3, 2012
I came here seeking for the latest news, and yet i waisted my time reading through your nonse....remove this from search result

zaxdude

macrumors 6502
Mar 11, 2011
Just a couple of twitter captures on updates in case anyone is interested. At least we know it's still progressing. Give a big shout out to Saurik & planetbeing!!

Attachments

• saurik.JPG
    saurik.JPG
    20.5 KB · Views: 99
  • planet.JPG
    planet.JPG
    20.9 KB · Views: 96

engelke2010

macrumors 65816
Mar 28, 2010
Were you able to get your 3G setting enabled? Did you end up restoring using TinyCFW?

I never got TinyCFW to work for me. No matter what I did to fix things, I always got an error 20. I ended up doing another restore and got 3G back.

pat park

macrumors 6502a
Nov 29, 2011
California
Would live to see this place moderated properly. Too many people abusing the rules. Too many immature kids who lack basic communication skills as tact.

porcupine8

macrumors 6502a
Mar 2, 2011
Argh. I'm leaving town tomorrow, won't be back til Monday. I think I'm gonna have to bite the bullet and upgrade before I go - can't risk 5.1 coming out before I get back and missing the signing window!

Maybe my husband will let me set up my iPad on his work laptop (a MBA) before we go so I could upgrade on the road, but he's pretty anal about that thing. *sigh*

Here's hoping for a jb in the next few days!

wesk702

macrumors 68000
Jul 7, 2007
The hood
I haven't been active for at least 5 days and yet people are still posting on my post ? This post died already why bring it back to life? Try going to work? Or get an education or something? Your all boring me

What happens to your screen name when the next processor comes out?

Apple-a5

macrumors member
Original poster
Dec 29, 2011
A5 jailbreak help please !

Pod2g Posted on the 10th January "sorry, we can't release The a5 for developers, the exploit used Have to be kept secret"

Does this mean their will be no beta due to the last time they released a beta someone released it public and sent it to apple which caused the exploit to be patched .

but everyone waiting for the new jailbreak . Their is a taste for success . It will defiantly be released this week .

( please don't comment off-topic or complaining or giving me a grammar test )

scirica

macrumors 68020
May 13, 2008
Dallas, TX
This thread has been entertaining at best. I believe the OP likes to think he's in the inner circle of the jailbreak community yet offers no information that is not available to all of us.

Delusions of grandeur for sure!

zaxdude

macrumors 6502
Mar 11, 2011
Pod2g Posted on the 10th January "sorry, we can't release The a5 for developers, the exploit used Have to be kept secret"

Does this mean their will be no beta due to the last time they released a beta someone released it public and sent it to apple which caused the exploit to be patched .

but everyone waiting for the new jailbreak . Their is a taste for success . It will defiantly be released this week .

( please don't comment off-topic or complaining or giving me a grammar test )

You could have EASILY (yet again) asked this in one of the existing A5 status threads that you have already created. No need to create yet another spot of wasted space.

None of us here has any insights as to whether pod2g's statement means there will be no beta.

Why don't you ask him via Twitter and post back his response? Only he can answer your question. And, in another thread, you said you had some sort of direct contact with him. Why don't you just ask him through that channel?

And btw...your grammar, spelling and sentence structure could use some work.

edogyip

macrumors member
May 26, 2009
I would like another thread discussing your other threads please. I won't be happy until that happens.

TriJetHero

macrumors 601
Oct 13, 2010
World
well lets say starting 5 different threads on the same subject in 14 days, asking the same question doesn't really contribute anything to this forum.

zaxdude

macrumors 6502
Mar 11, 2011
Imminent as in a couple of days imminent.

I don't understand much of the jailbreak jargon.

None of us knows...your guess as to the duration of "imminent" is as good as any of ours.

All any of us can do is watch the various forums for the notification of release. I'm sure you'll see it here when it does.

So - keep watching for one of what will most likely be five different threads entitled:

"A5 Jailbreak Released!!"

braaains

macrumors newbie
Aug 31, 2011
An update from pod2g
http://pod2g-ios.blogspot.com/2012/01/sandox-broken.html

Here are some news about the current work on the A5 research.

@planetbeing escaped from the sandbox with the help of @saurik. Thanks to their awesome work, there should be nothing left blocking for the A5 jailbreak.

Now it should be a matter of days. Still no precise ETA of course.

We all want this to be finished ASAP, we're getting tired!

Nothing new, but it's nice to hear it from pod2g as well as everyone else :)

Dangerous Theory

macrumors 68000
Jul 28, 2011
UK
The fact that you made a point of noting your terrible spelling and grammar, yet still decided to ignore it, is testament to your typically lazy threads that deserve noone's attention.

Apple-a5

macrumors member
Original poster
Dec 29, 2011
The fact that you made a point of noting your terrible spelling and grammar, yet still decided to ignore it, is testament to your typically lazy threads that deserve noone's attention.

People need to stop posting unwanted posts. It's pointless

Here are some news about the current work on the A5 research.

@planetbeing escaped from the sandbox with the help of @saurik. Thanks to their awesome work, there should be nothing left blocking for the A5 jailbreak.

Now it should be a matter of days. Still no precise ETA of course.

We all want this to be finished ASAP, we're getting tired!

zaxdude

macrumors 6502
Mar 11, 2011
Looks like a mod (840quadra) merged all of Apple-a5's duplicative threads (and locked the old). Thank you 840quadra.

I hope Apple-a5 takes note of the mod's action and realizes multiple threads on essentially the same topic serves this forum and no one in it any good.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.