Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

diamond.g

macrumors G4
Mar 20, 2007
OBX
Funnily enough Bethesda updated Fallout 76 - I usually log in on Tuesdays to see what's new in the Atom shop, but since finishing the season I've largely stopped playing. I say this because I was unaware a patch was landing and Bethesda is adding some new events. (they haven't added content in a couple of years sadly).

Anyways I'm greeted with this, a 95.7 GB patch that won't download. Looks like I'll have to delete the game and re-download it. Takes way too long and at this point since I'm not playing I'll just ignore it. The game was released in 2018 yet Bethesda cannot get anything right. So back to the point - why should I pay a premium for games, if those games are a buggy mess?
View attachment 2190324
OOOOh, check to make sure (I am assuming this is on the XBox store) that the xbox services are updated. I got that same error message from Atomic Heart and basically had to wait until the MS Store updated the Xbox store and game bar then I could download the update.

Reactions: maflynn

maflynn

macrumors Haswell
Original poster
May 3, 2009
that the xbox services are updated. I got that same error message from Atomic Heart and basically had to wait until the MS Store updated the Xbox store and game bar then I could download the update.
That's good to know, I'll see if there's an update.

maflynn

macrumors Haswell
Original poster
May 3, 2009
OOOOh, check to make sure (I am assuming this is on the XBox store) that the xbox services are updated.
So it seems that is a known problem with the Xbox app and anyone playing on gamepass or the xbox app (for the PC) cannot update. They're working to fix it.

The sad thing is, the update process seems to delete the game, and (as my screen shot shows), its a 95GB patch. In fact I come to find out the patch is only a few GB in size. So as I mentioned the game seems to auto-delete. I tried updating late yesterday and it deleted and started downloading the entire game. This morning thing that the fully updated version was installed, I fired it off and, you guessed it - it auto-deleted.

• Sad
Reactions: Huntn

diamond.g

macrumors G4
Mar 20, 2007
OBX
So it seems that is a known problem with the Xbox app and anyone playing on gamepass or the xbox app (for the PC) cannot update. They're working to fix it.

The sad thing is, the update process seems to delete the game, and (as my screen shot shows), its a 95GB patch. In fact I come to find out the patch is only a few GB in size. So as I mentioned the game seems to auto-delete. I tried updating late yesterday and it deleted and started downloading the entire game. This morning thing that the fully updated version was installed, I fired it off and, you guessed it - it auto-deleted.
Yeah not a great process. I messed around one time and it thought I had no games at all installed.

Reactions: Huntn

maflynn

macrumors Haswell
Original poster
May 3, 2009
Yeah not a great process. I messed around one time and it thought I had no games at all installed.
My subscription for the game is through Xbox, since I was playing on the GamePass for a while (I have since cancelled gamepass). I would much rather play under Steam, but the extras you get from the Fallout 1st subscription is too much to miss. I'm not really playing the game, I've taken a break so I can wait.

Huntn

macrumors Core
May 5, 2008
The Misty Mountains
My subscription for the game is through Xbox, since I was playing on the GamePass for a while (I have since cancelled gamepass). I would much rather play under Steam, but the extras you get from the Fallout 1st subscription is too much to miss. I'm not really playing the game, I've taken a break so I can wait.
What extras are you referring to?

maflynn

macrumors Haswell
Original poster
May 3, 2009
What extras are you referring to?
The fallout first subscription gives you:
  • An unlimited junk box to store all of your junk
  • An unlimited ammo box to store all of your ammo
  • A survival tent, useful as a free fast travel spot and also gives a stash and junk box to store your stuff - no need to travel to your camp to unload
  • Private world (I don't like being in the public world)
  • 1600 (or something like that) atoms to buy stuff in the atom shop

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.