Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Tsuchiya

macrumors 68020
Jun 7, 2008
About to start the process now for both my iPad and iPhone, can't wait :D

iPad is going to take a while yet, I haven't backed up since it was jailbroken to 4.3.3...

Then I need to update to 5.0.1...it's going to be a long morning...

falstaffpac

macrumors member
Jun 23, 2010
St. Louis, MO
Just j/b iPad2 via Absinthe Windows CLI. A couple of false starts and hangs with errors. I figured the best way to eliminate errors was to do a fresh restore. After restore, I had no issues.

Tsuchiya

macrumors 68020
Jun 7, 2008
Is there a reason why the iPad takes so damn long to backup each and everytime is syncs? I spent nearly an hour backing up, then when I downloaded 5.0.1 iTunes crashed. Then after plugging back in, iTunes wants to do another full backup...:mad:

iPhone went smoothly though :)

elgrecomac

macrumors 65816
Jan 15, 2008
San Diego
new version of JB (1.2.2) -- worked on the 1st time!!!!

There is a new version of the GreenP JB..version 1.2.2. Tried it this morning after having no success yesterday with 1.2.1 with the connection error.

Version 1.2.2 worked on the first try.
:D

toolbox

macrumors 68020
Oct 6, 2007
Australia (WA)
No issues for me whatsoever.

The jailbreak process process took about 15 mins. There are times when the blue progress bar from Absinthe does't seem to be moving but you just have to be patient as their servers are getting rammed.

Yeah i had this problem too, i let it go but did get impatient first time around doing the iPad 2

I didn't experience any of the usual problems related to jailbreaking such as ibooks crash, cydia repos not loading, safe mode cashes.

I have :( had to restore my 4s at one point it would not boot back up and kept safe mode'ing on me

Laurido92

macrumors newbie
Aug 9, 2011
had to remove the lock screen password and it worked like a charm. very happy to be jailbroken again. thanks to all the devs that worked tirelessly on this jailbreak. your efforts are greatly appreciated

keep up the great work

sl33t

macrumors regular
Nov 12, 2011
Cleveland, Ohio
Ok, so the jailbreak worked fine. I then downloaded winterboard. That made my device restart. When it rebooted, I went to click on cydia and it won't open. Is anyone else having this problem? Please help me out!

EDIT: Winterboard does the same when i tap it.

Grolubao

macrumors 68000
Dec 23, 2008
London, UK
I'm having this problem that whenever I reboot I lose my dock as well, as all the layouts are broken. After I respring is again ok.

Is anybody having the same problem?

Attachments

• photo.jpg
    photo.jpg
    138.9 KB · Views: 59

turney

macrumors newbie
May 17, 2011
I tried to jb it and some how had a shut down. Now I get "Looks like you tried to jailbreak and it failed. We will try to fix." After I let it run it, it asks to un plug and replug my Ipad, it gives me the same error.

Help Please!!!!

xraytech

macrumors 68030
Mar 24, 2010
JB my iPad 2 on the 1st try.

Had to restore my iPhone 4s after a failed JB. Succefull on the 2nd try.

For both my iPad 2 and iPhone 4s I started from a clean restore.

ideal.dreams

macrumors 68020
Jul 19, 2010
Downloaded Absinthe last night and tested it on my iPad 2 first. It took 5 minutes to get Absinthe on my iPad and then another 5 for it to actually install Cydia.

After seeing how easy it was I decided to do the same with my iPhone 4S too, but it was a little different. It took a lot longer but I still got everything working well.

So happy to have my jailbreak back again. :)

number84

macrumors 6502
Mar 30, 2011
I used the Windows version and worked flawlessly the first time. I restored to stock 5.0.1 though to mitigate any potential issues. This is for iPad2.

Grolubao

macrumors 68000
Dec 23, 2008
London, UK
I figured out my problem comes from IntelliscreenX. Every time one reboots, it will mess up the layout. A re-spring fixes it.

Ali.

macrumors member
Jul 2, 2011
New Zealand
Successful jailbreak of my iPad 2 WiFi using Absinthe v0.2.

Fresh restore of 5.0.1, jailbreak then loaded up backup and it worked flawlessly.

So glad to to finally have my iPad jailbroken as I missed the signing window for 4.3.3

I felt compelled to donate to the A5 dream team, I figure it's the least I can do considering how much work would of gone into this one.:)

kiddk1

macrumors 6502
Aug 16, 2009
on my 3rd try now using the windows version, I keep getting absinthe has stopped responding. any ideas? thanks

anthonymoody

macrumors 68040
Aug 8, 2002
I figured out my problem comes from IntelliscreenX. Every time one reboots, it will mess up the layout. A re-spring fixes it.

I had intelliscreenX as well and a very similar (but slightly different) problem. I had the 4x4 grid, but my dock remained. Anything that was supposed to be in the center of the screen was in the lower left...keypad for unlock, notification, etc. Basically it was like the iPad thought it was an iPhone.

Nothing worked for me - respring, power cycle, hard reset. I restored to stock and will stay there in all likelihood.

Posted a lengthy writeup about the experience on my blog. I will miss the enhancements and customization, but I can't live with the thing not "just working." I'd forgotten how important an aspect of the overall experience that had become...

elgrecomac

macrumors 65816
Jan 15, 2008
San Diego
Yes...me also

I'm having this problem that whenever I reboot I lose my dock as well, as all the layouts are broken. After I respring is again ok.

Is anybody having the same problem?

When rebooting, I get the same results every time....small annoyance in the bigger scheme of things though.

robdam1001

macrumors 6502a
Sep 23, 2008
For those having trouble with running Absinthe or it times out, "Not responding";

Back up via iTunes
erase all settings and content via "Settings" in your iOS device
Setup device as new
Run Absinthe as Admin
restore from most recent backup via iTunes.

----------

on my 3rd try now using the windows version, I keep getting absinthe has stopped responding. any ideas? thanks

Back up via iTunes
erase all settings and content via "Settings" in your iOS device
Setup device as new
Run Absinthe as Admin
restore from most recent backup via iTunes.

thabronx31

macrumors member
Apr 6, 2008
Bronx, NY
iPad 2 on 5.01 jailbroken with no problems. These guys, man words can't express how unbelievable they are. Simply Amazing.

THANK YOU SOOO MUCH

Manga4life

macrumors newbie
Jan 14, 2012
It was my first time ever Jailbreaking an iDevice and all went off without a hitch! Now that I have Cydia I just have to learn how to use it.....it looks complicated to say the least. Where are all the apps? I type in something and it doesn't find anything, I can't find a catagory button either.... :confused:

JSMencer

macrumors regular
Oct 30, 2007
After the Jailbreak my contacts icon went white, restarted, and my mail icon went white, did this happen to anyone else?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.