Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

DJY

macrumors 6502a
Dec 20, 2003
Canberra AUST
love 0.7!
Seems to have fixed my two issues with the old version...
refreshing order of contact list based on "status" and incorrect icons...
now what I think I'm displaying - is actually the ones MSN and others see.

New contact list and icon/pics look great - as does the aqua / silver combo.

Windowlicker

macrumors 6502a
Feb 17, 2003
Finland
D'OH!

I can't get 0.7 to work. I deleted all my preferences and everything, but the new version still won't work properly. It starts up on the first launch, but that's it. It's completely unusable for me :( Guess I'll just have to wait for the next version. Too bad, because the 0.63 is quite unstable too and I was really waiting for this release.

mkrishnan

Moderator emeritus
Jan 9, 2004
Grand Rapids, MI, USA
Windowlicker said:
D'OH!

I can't get 0.7 to work. I deleted all my preferences and everything, but the new version still won't work properly. It starts up on the first launch, but that's it. It's completely unusable for me :( Guess I'll just have to wait for the next version. Too bad, because the 0.63 is quite unstable too and I was really waiting for this release.

Hmmm...what are you running? That's so strange. All I did was drop it in the folder and it ran. Do you think its possible you have some program that interferes with it? Did you also try a permissions repair in case there is a permission associated with Adium that is screwed up? :(

MrMacMan

macrumors 604
Jul 4, 2001
1 Block away from NYC.
mms said:
The 0.7 isn't really a beta. It's a solid release that has had many betas and several release candidates before it. I've been watching the development and can say the developers are doing a great job, and this is a major release for Adium, with many new features, not just further bug fixes.

Agreeded the Adium crew works day after day on this program.

Its near perfect at its current state.

I'm glad that Adium has caught on. :D

abc123

macrumors 6502
Apr 26, 2004
i <3 adium especially since they seem to really care about what users request.
i've been following the development too and i've noticed that when something is requested on the forums they tend to make an effort to solve to problem or add new features where it is possible and reasonable.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.