Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Technarchy

macrumors 604
May 21, 2012
Non-issue.

Use of Flash on mobile sounds great in theory, and in marketing material, but in practice it's mostly irrelevent.

matttye

macrumors 601
Mar 25, 2009
Lincoln, England
I'm sorry? What point are you making? I was responding to a post specifically about consumers choosing a better technology given choice. I called nonsense on that since people still choose to use obsolete technology despite alternatives. My post in no way was about IT professionals and neither was the previous post as fas as I am concerned.

To paraphrase Henry Ford, if he gave people what they "wanted" it was a faster horse. Ford didn't care about giving people better horses. Apple knows the best way to progress (and fastest) is to make sure that you don't have a crutch to depend on.

You said people use obsolete technology because they're inherently lazy. In a thread about Flash, I took this to mean that people continue to use Flash because they're lazy.

If you weren't talking about Flash, I'm not sure what point you were trying to make.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.