Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

plugster31

macrumors newbie
Jan 26, 2023
On my iPad I was able to get it installed by checking the "not on this ipad" section in the app store "purchased" area. I checked on an ios 14 and 15 device and confirmed it works. I don't think I have a 16+ device to check on and I'm too concerned over losing the app and not being able to get it back to want to upgrade anything to that, but check it out - you may still be able to restore it if you downloaded it before
Thank you this worked perfectly I was worried I could not get the app back. I still use version Air Video 2.2.1 with VLC 2.2.1 by downloading it from the VLC archives and it works perfectly on all videos H264 and H265 and larger files better than newer versions, I use this app so much so thought it was all over when I couldn't download it from the APP store anymore, but this method on the latest Iphone and Ipad and all my family devices using family sharing with not on this device and can download the originally purchased app and reinstall on AOS 17.1.1

plugster31

macrumors newbie
Jan 26, 2023
Like all of you I'm a great fan of AVHD and have been for years. I would also be very happy to pay for an updated version. I read here about using codecs from VLC, but my tech knowledge fails me here. Would one of the guys who's done it please advise how to do this procedure. iMac with Mac OS 13.4 Ventura. Many thanks for the help.
For the codecs to work you will need an older version on Airvideo 2.2.1 works perfectly for me and then download the same VLC to your PC from the VLC website archives to match your version, for example if you have Air video 2.2.1 download VLC 2.2.1 and install it for whatever version, mine is 64 bit and the download section is https://www.videolan.org/vlc/releases/ really easy to sort if you install the same version of VLC to your PC as your version on Air Video

If you need Airvideo 2.2.1 I can share it on google drive below

Attachments

• vlc 2.2.1.jpg
    vlc 2.2.1.jpg
    90.8 KB · Views: 36
  • Air video 2.2.1.jpg
    Air video 2.2.1.jpg
    110.5 KB · Views: 34
  • air video internet.jpg
    air video internet.jpg
    152.1 KB · Views: 31
  • vlc screenprint.jpg
    vlc screenprint.jpg
    96.9 KB · Views: 35
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.