Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Rom-Cool

macrumors newbie
Dec 12, 2021
I do not get pain in the ears of AirPods 3, but if I have my AirPods in for too long, then my ears start to "liquid", which when it dries out becomes a bit like scabs inside the ears (Sorry for the details)

I never experienced it with my AirPods 2.Gen, I could have them most of the day without any problems. But my AirPods 3 are causing problems. My AirPods Pro did that too, but thought so due to silicone tips.

Has anyone else experienced this?
I am selling my AirPods 3, and buying a new set of 2.Gen

senoltreble

macrumors newbie
Sep 28, 2021
I do not get pain in the ears of AirPods 3, but if I have my AirPods in for too long, then my ears start to "liquid", which when it dries out becomes a bit like scabs inside the ears (Sorry for the details)

I never experienced it with my AirPods 2.Gen, I could have them most of the day without any problems. But my AirPods 3 are causing problems. My AirPods Pro did that too, but thought so due to silicone tips.

Has anyone else experienced this?
I am selling my AirPods 3, and buying a new set of 2.Gen
I believe this comes down to whether your ears can breathe while you are wearing the AirPods.

I had similar experience with Pixel A buds. I've been wearing them day and night without breaks. The ear liquids started to pilling up in the ears and I developed the ears feeling like they are under water.

The more air tight the earphone is, it could lead to some ear issues.

Reactions: BigMcGuire

BigMcGuire

Cancelled
Jan 10, 2012
I believe this comes down to whether your ears can breathe while you are wearing the AirPods.

I had similar experience with Pixel A buds. I've been wearing them day and night without breaks. The ear liquids started to pilling up in the ears and I developed the ears feeling like they are under water.

The more air tight the earphone is, it could lead to some ear issues.
Definitely this - I already have liquid ear wax (according to 23andme) and if I wear AirPods for a long time (or jog with them for 30+ mins) - my ears need a bit of airing out and until that happens they can feel a bit uncomfortable.

janeauburn

macrumors 65816
Nov 22, 2015
The 3's are simply too big for a lot of us.

To each their own, but I'm not keeping and using anything meant for my ears that requires a lot of "adjustment" or "getting used to it". To me that signals it's simply the wrong product for my ears.

Yup. The notion of "breaking in your ears" is just nuts.

Reactions: turbineseaplane
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.