Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

anshuvorty

macrumors 68040
Sep 1, 2010
California, USA
So, I ordered a pair and they were "out for delivery" and being shipped by Deliver-It....never heard of them. Now, all of sudden, the status has changed to "1 business day." Should I be concerned and contact Apple about the latest status with my AirPods Gen 3?
So, I just got an update from Apple Support: They are going to ship out a replacement pair and it should be delivered on 11/1/21, but again, using Deliver-It....very odd....

PinkyMacGodess

Suspended
Mar 7, 2007
Midwest America.
So, I ordered a pair and they were "out for delivery" and being shipped by Deliver-It....never heard of them. Now, all of sudden, the status has changed to "1 business day." Should I be concerned and contact Apple about the latest status with my AirPods Gen 3?

I had an Amazon order that was being delivered by 'Laser Delivery', or some such, and they showed the next day. That became the next day, and the next, and then 'Delivered'. I had to circle the house to find it. It looked like they did a 'drive by', and tossed it from the window of a moving vehicle. I had a couple of other packages delivered by the same outfit, and then started paying for a higher level of shipping, and occasionally had this company STILL doing the last part of the shipping process. Yikes... I actually stopped buying from Amazon because of them, and ended up needing something nearly a year later, and no 'Laser Delivery'! YIPPEE!!!

Apple Mac Daz

macrumors 68030
Jun 2, 2011
Manchester
Just picked up a set from Apple store this morning, pretty impressed with them so far.

Took AC+ out but not sure it’s really needed tho

Last edited:

PinkyMacGodess

Suspended
Mar 7, 2007
Midwest America.
I found out my iPhone EQ was set for 'Increase Bass', but odd that even with that setting, the increased bass wasn't consistant from one track to another. Some had way increased bass, and some had no increase at all...

ionasdf

macrumors regular
Apr 21, 2021
Finland
will do a follow up post later when I’m more familiar with them.
Been a couple of weeks and my initial feelings about them was bang on. I can keep them in my ears hours and hours, and they won't start causing aches or fall out my ears. Even while running or working on a car.

Sound is still quite annoying, never got used to it, but a week ago my workmate asked if I have tried out the spatialized audio, I hadn't because I thought it needed compatible music tracks. So then I tried that and I was amazed, suddenly gained a massive amount of bass to comfortable listening volumes and high vocal S'ses stopped hissing. Lost a lotta clarity from treble and especially vocals but I mostly listen to electronic music so it is a trade I am willing to make. And when listening to something else I can always turn spatializing off. I'm extremely happy with the AirPods now.

anshuvorty

macrumors 68040
Sep 1, 2010
California, USA
Been a couple of weeks and my initial feelings about them was bang on. I can keep them in my ears hours and hours, and they won't start causing aches or fall out my ears. Even while running or working on a car.

Sound is still quite annoying, never got used to it, but a week ago my workmate asked if I have tried out the spatialized audio, I hadn't because I thought it needed compatible music tracks. So then I tried that and I was amazed, suddenly gained a massive amount of bass to comfortable listening volumes and high vocal S'ses stopped hissing. Lost a lotta clarity from treble and especially vocals but I mostly listen to electronic music so it is a trade I am willing to make. And when listening to something else I can always turn spatializing off. I'm extremely happy with the AirPods now.
Congrats that you have ears compatible with the AirPods Gen 3.

Unfortunately, my ears aren’t compatible with the AirPods Gen 3. They keep falling out. My ears are compatible with the AirPods Pro though.

I can only use the Gen 3 for short bursts before they fall out.

Reactions: PinkyMacGodess
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.