Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

tonie walker

macrumors 6502a
Sep 25, 2020
worldwide
got mine today! unfortunately need to return as there is a chipped on left side pod :-( bummer, QC team at the production seems not strict enough to have it passed. Will reorder

• Sad
Reactions: sfrangu

tonie walker

macrumors 6502a
Sep 25, 2020
worldwide

Attachments

• 649019B0-680A-418D-A449-3E9C3E5045C1.jpeg
    649019B0-680A-418D-A449-3E9C3E5045C1.jpeg
    404.7 KB · Views: 226

Davelfc

macrumors 6502
Mar 2, 2014
Liverpool
Just finished a zoom call with them in, I have noticed that twice i have had to push them back into place as they feel like they’re going to fall out of my ear.

I am still impressed with spatial audio, these are especially good. In fact sometimes it’s hard to believe I am wearing the AirPods and the noise isn’t coming direct from my iPad. I even removed the AirPods to make sure.

circatee

Contributor
Nov 30, 2014
Well, this 'spatial audio' thing is rather impressive! And the FIT, brilliant; glad I got these versus the Pro with the silicone.

Here I am, coming from an Gen 1. The bass, too, impressive. Glad UPS delivered mine one day early; was not expected till 27th Oct...

Pawełek

macrumors newbie
Aug 4, 2021
I spent few hours with new airpods and comparing them to my mom's airpods 2nd gen, the new ones have definetly more bass which is impressive to have this kind of bass in earbuds. As for highs it is very similar. Definetly 3rd gen is an upgrade.

Reactions: sfrangu

PinkyMacGodess

Suspended
Mar 7, 2007
Midwest America.
I don't think Target's received their Airpods at all yet, so no I don't think I was "sniped."

True, but the local Worst Try has them for pickup in an hour. I didn't think Target was that far behind the new stuff, although there are things they just don't carry. *shrug*

Oh... Target doesn't even show them on their website. Hmm...

Riviera122

macrumors 6502
Sep 14, 2008
Just got them in. Glad I sold my AirPods Pro and waited for the 3rd Gen. Couldn't be happier with a pair for casual listening. Call quality/ambient noise reduction is apparently good against very busy streets. Still using my Bose QC earbuds, but these are a perfect secondary pair.

Herrpod

macrumors 6502a
May 29, 2019
True, but the local Worst Try has them for pickup in an hour. I didn't think Target was that far behind the new stuff, although there are things they just don't carry. *shrug*

Oh... Target doesn't even show them on their website. Hmm...

PinkyMacGodess

Suspended
Mar 7, 2007
Midwest America.
Just, minutes ago, received mine, and...

Comparing them to the AirPod Gen 2's, the sound is... 'Muddy'... Too much mid-range, and low end I think. Comparing them, same song (Green Day Chump) and swapping quickly between them, and they just don't sound quite as 'clear'. They fit AMAZING though. Win some, I guess?

Not impressed with the sound. Maybe I can adjust the EQ? Hmm... It's also possible that the Gen 2's sound 'thin' and I haven't noticed until now, but playing Perfect from Alanis Morisette on the Gen 2's, I can hear the bright guitar strings, and cymbals clearly, with the Gen 3's, it sounds 'darker', somehow... Deeper... The bright highs seem muted a bit. *shrug*

These seem okay. Alanis' voice comes out clear. 'The Farm', from Aerosmith is back to sounding 'muddy' though. Too much mid and low end. The cymbal crashes seem, duller...

Living After Midnight, one could say it sounds richer with the Gen 3's, but. The high hat sounds muted with the Gen 3's, and brighter on the Gen 2's. The music sounds just 'clearer' with the Gen 2's.

Anyone else hearing that?

WOW!!! Nirvana's All Apologies sounds like a completely different song! Very dark, deep... Hmm. I was shocked how different that track sounds. Wow... It's one of my favorites too.

And getting the Gen 3's out of the case is more challenging. But they do fit really well...

MrGimper

macrumors G3
Sep 22, 2012
Andover, UK
Just, minutes ago, received mine, and...

Comparing them to the AirPod Gen 2's, the sound is... 'Muddy'... Too much mid-range, and low end I think. Comparing them, same song (Green Day Chump) and swapping quickly between them, and they just don't sound quite as 'clear'. They fit AMAZING though. Win some, I guess?

Not impressed with the sound. Maybe I can adjust the EQ? Hmm... It's also possible that the Gen 2's sound 'thin' and I haven't noticed until now, but playing Perfect from Alanis Morisette on the Gen 2's, I can hear the bright guitar strings, and cymbals clearly, with the Gen 3's, it sounds 'darker', somehow... Deeper... The bright highs seem muted a bit. *shrug*

These seem okay. Alanis' voice comes out clear. 'The Farm', from Aerosmith is back to sounding 'muddy' though. Too much mid and low end. The cymbal crashes seem, duller...

Living After Midnight, one could say it sounds richer with the Gen 3's, but. The high hat sounds muted with the Gen 3's, and brighter on the Gen 2's. The music sounds just 'clearer' with the Gen 2's.

Anyone else hearing that?

WOW!!! Nirvana's All Apologies sounds like a completely different song! Very dark, deep... Hmm. I was shocked how different that track sounds. Wow... It's one of my favorites too.

And getting the Gen 3's out of the case is more challenging. But they do fit really well...
I have to agree with you on some tracks…. One of my fave tracks, Street Spirit (Fade Out) by Radiohead gets totally destroyed by these. Bassy and muddy, the highs for the glorious guitar rhythm gets lost. These do feel bass-heavy like Beats (I have Powerbeats Pro and they are a bass-heavy mess most of the time)

The fit is excellent tho

Not convinced I’ll keep these TBH.

tuan time

macrumors regular
Jul 8, 2009
Anyone having issues with their airpods dropping connection? Mine pair fine but as soon as I use the media controls I have to repair them from the beginning again.

sfrangu

macrumors regular
May 13, 2021
The local sh...y delivery company didn't pick up yet the package and it's supposed to deliver them by 10 PM tonight! And it's about 250 miles away... :( we always have this kind of issue with this delivery company.
Still keeping fingers crossed.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.