Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

windywalks

macrumors 6502a
Mar 12, 2004
Plus, I believe that they’re limited to 2 devices for simultaneous connection

Edit - to correct the word Plus being split by the quote
The QC 35 II can only have two devices connected simultaneously, that's right. You have to go into the Bose Connect app to switch one off and connect another.
That's the case, when I use my iPhone and MacBook Pro, and the suddenly I want the iPad to join the gang, but I have to disconnect the MacBook first and flip the software switch for the iPad.
Not very annoying but a minor inconvenience at times.

Ansath

macrumors demi-god
Jun 9, 2018
England
The QC 35 II can only have two devices connected simultaneously, that's right. You have to go into the Bose Connect app to switch one off and connect another.
That's the case, when I use my iPhone and MacBook Pro, and the suddenly I want the iPad to join the gang, but I have to disconnect the MacBook first and flip the software switch for the iPad.
Not very annoying but a minor inconvenience at times.

So, it’s not the same as the autoswitching the airpods do. :)

Cancelled
Jun 30, 2017
So, it’s not the same as the autoswitching the airpods do. :)

You can easily connect the Bose by going into Bluetooth settings and tap connect. That disconnects QC from the non-last used. You can have have more than 2 pairings.

Swithcing sources is a lot easier on the Bose than AirPods. Am extremely disspaointed how Airpods cannot figure out what device to connect to by themselves. The added value of the W9 chip in my view is 0. I pair only once, and BT pairing is not hard at all.

CobraPA

macrumors 6502a
Mar 12, 2011
Lansdale, PA, USA
You can easily connect the Bose by going into Bluetooth settings and tap connect. That disconnects QC from the non-last used. You can have have more than 2 pairings.

Swithcing sources is a lot easier on the Bose than AirPods. Am extremely disspaointed how Airpods cannot figure out what device to connect to by themselves. The added value of the W9 chip in my view is 0. I pair only once, and BT pairing is not hard at all.

I do this fairly often with Airpods as well (go to Bluetooth settings and tap to connect the AirPod to the device), how is this easier for Bose?

HopefulHumanist

macrumors 6502a
Jan 28, 2015

It's definitely easier with AirPods as you can just open the AirPlay menu from within the audio app or from control center and tap them to switch. And it works across all your Apple devices so if you're all-in on Apple products you can't get an easier experience.

Reactions: profets

Cancelled
Jun 30, 2017
I do this fairly often with Airpods as well (go to Bluetooth settings and tap to connect the AirPod to the device), how is this easier for Bose?

Because when you use two devices, i.e. only iPad and iPhone, which is my case, you don't have to do anything for Bose. Unlike AirPods. For 2 devices it just works. Unlike AirPods.

profets

macrumors 603
Mar 18, 2009
Because when you use two devices, i.e. only iPad and iPhone, which is my case, you don't have to do anything for Bose. Unlike AirPods. For 2 devices it just works. Unlike AirPods.

Out of curiosity, what happens if you play audio from both devices? The Bose when powered on actually stay connected to both?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.