Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

daflake

macrumors 6502a
Apr 8, 2008
Nope, will use my Jaybirds for that. I'm sure that someone will design it, but without an ear clip, they will likely fall out easily.

rockyromero

macrumors 6502
Jul 11, 2015
Are you worried about what #2 said, about no sweat and water resistance?
This is a non issue.

Similar to other smaller tech devices, drying completely resuscitates most devices.

At worst, it's a minor inconvenience.

kingston73

macrumors 65816
Dec 23, 2015
I'm still undecided, I'll have to read some real life reviews of the airpods before I make a decision. From what I've read so far they sound worth the price just based on the ease of connecting alone.

chhhrrriiisss

macrumors 6502a
Mar 29, 2009
Connecticut
I won't trust them for running. I forgot my wireless earbuds for running the other day and found myself constantly adjusting my EarPods before they fell out.

rockyromero

macrumors 6502
Jul 11, 2015
I won't trust them for running. I forgot my wireless earbuds for running the other day and found myself constantly adjusting my EarPods before they fell out.
So don't use the Airpods for running until you've developed your trust.

The Airpods may/will boost my interest in working out more frequently and with additional variety.

They will be better than what I have now.

AustinIllini

macrumors G5
Oct 20, 2011
Austin, TX
This is a non issue.

Similar to other smaller tech devices, drying completely resuscitates most devices.

At worst, it's a minor inconvenience.

You really want to make the AirPods something they're not.

OP, go with the PowerBeats. They are much more likely to stay on your ears seeing as there is more than just the inner ear holding them in place. I use my PowerBeats 2 all the time.

xthine

macrumors 6502
Apr 29, 2015
USA
Considered initially but it just doesn't look that secure fitting to me. The lack of water resistance is also a deal breaker since I only run outdoors (trail run). Ended up with the Bragi Dash and Jabra Elite Sport (both water resistant).

rockyromero

macrumors 6502
Jul 11, 2015
You really want to make the AirPods something they're not.

Yes.

I'm hoping they are exactly what I want & need now.

And I believe they are the gateway to an easy communications future with our Apple devices.

And beyond.

Already, I'm thinking that I will never need an Amazon Alexa or Google Home because I would ask Siri anything through the Airpods and only I would hear the response.

How cool is that?

Simple.

It works from what I've heard.

Yes, I want the Airpods to be what it is now and then maybe even more, later.

So what if they get wet sometimes? They'll dry and still work.

The Game 161

macrumors Nehalem
Dec 15, 2010
UK
AirPods are not sweat and water resistant as I understand it. So I will buy Powerbeats instead.
They will still be fine for workouts. Certainly when the ads do advertise it for this reason. It will be fine the same way the earbuds are fine with sweat.

kjparfekt

macrumors regular
Sep 24, 2012
Washington, DC
Definitely getting them primarily for workouts Unless something else completely cordfree comes out around the same price point and performs as well.

Ear pods stay in for me fine so I'm not worried about that. I am a bit worried about them looking like sonicare tooth brush heads dangling from my ears.

Wish they came in jet black!!!

blairh

macrumors 603
Dec 11, 2007
AirPods seem terrible for workouts. No protection against sweat. No noise isolation (unless you want to hear things around you for jogs on busy streets, etc). No inline controls.

rockyromero

macrumors 6502
Jul 11, 2015
AirPods seem terrible for workouts. No protection against sweat. No noise isolation (unless you want to hear things around you for jogs on busy streets, etc). No inline controls.
Terrible?

Maybe not so terrible.

Convenient - yes.

Airpods will be much better than the 3 other BT devices that I use.

I expect more pluses than minuses.

So will others.

canvasback13

macrumors regular
Jul 5, 2011

I will try running them. I will also see if ear skins makes silicone covers. I couldn't care less if they are waterproof. I have never owned waterproof or resistant earphones, and it hasn't been an issue.

Reactions: MrXiro

The Game 161

macrumors Nehalem
Dec 15, 2010
UK
Based on what? All reviews have said it's good for fitness. What earphones are actually water proof? They will be fine with sweat

blairh

macrumors 603
Dec 11, 2007
Based on what? All reviews have said it's good for fitness. What earphones are actually water proof? They will be fine with sweat
No they haven't. Go look at AirPods reviews on YouTube. Very mixed reviews.

Most legit earpods are sweat resistant. The new Jabra Elite Sports are waterproof.

Fine with sweat? Says who? There is no mention of water/sweat resistance on their page at Apple.

The Game 161

macrumors Nehalem
Dec 15, 2010
UK
No they haven't. Go look at AirPods reviews on YouTube. Very mixed reviews.

Most legit earpods are sweat resistant. The new Jabra Elite Sports are waterproof.

Fine with sweat? Says who? There is no mention of water/sweat resistance on their page at Apple.

Because the earbuds are fine with sweat it will be no different with air pods

They wouldn't advertise airpods doing fitness and be a problem with sweat. That's idiotic

All reviews have said they stay in your ears very well. It's like not you are leaving them in your ears when it's throwing it down with rain

blairh

macrumors 603
Dec 11, 2007
Because the earbuds are fine with sweat it will be no different with air pods

They wouldn't advertise airpods doing fitness and be a problem with sweat. That's idiotic

All reviews have said they stay in your ears very well. It's like not you are leaving them in your ears when it's throwing it down with rain

They don't advertise AirPods for fitness. Where did you come up with that???

"While in my ears, the AirPods felt secure, which is important for expensive wireless earbuds. That said, I wouldn’t want to go running with these things."

The Game 161

macrumors Nehalem
Dec 15, 2010
UK

They clearly do, hense the fitness ads at the start of the advertising them. Apple will promote using them and Apple Watch which lets you leave your phone at home for example

I've seen enough reviews that show they stay in your ears very well doing fitness

blairh

macrumors 603
Dec 11, 2007
They clearly do, hense the fitness ads at the start of the advertising them. Apple will promote using them and Apple Watch which lets you leave your phone at home for example

I've seen enough reviews that show they stay in your ears very well doing fitness
There isn't a single AirPod ad or piece of marketing showcasing anyone using them while working out. You are just assuming this will come.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.