Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

The Game 161

macrumors Nehalem
Dec 15, 2010
UK
There isn't a single AirPod ad or piece of marketing showcasing anyone using them while working out. You are just assuming this will come.

The first ad they had with a guy looking set for a workout Hense being able to tell by what he was wearing. More ads with fitness will clearly be on their way when it's out. They will market it as one of the main reasons to get it

blairh

macrumors 603
Dec 11, 2007
The first ad they had with a guy looking set for a workout Hense being able to tell by what he was wearing. More ads with fitness will clearly be on their way when it's out. They will market it as one of the main reasons to get it
There is no AirPod ad where a guy looks like he is ready to workout.

Again, you are just assuming this. Don't you think Apple would have featured some workout photos on their AirPod site by now if that's what they attend? Again you are just assuming here.

In fact the AirPods possess no water or sweat resistance. It would be foolish of Apple to suggest this in their marketing.

xthine

macrumors 6502
Apr 29, 2015
USA
You have the elite sport already? Where did you get them?

Pre ordered a few weeks ago from Bestbuy. Shipped yesterday and will be delivered by Monday.

Edit--Looks like I'll be getting them today

Last edited:

The Game 161

macrumors Nehalem
Dec 15, 2010
UK
There is no AirPod ad where a guy looks like he is ready to workout.

Again, you are just assuming this. Don't you think Apple would have featured some workout photos on their AirPod site by now if that's what they attend? Again you are just assuming here.

In fact the AirPods possess no water or sweat resistance. It would be foolish of Apple to suggest this in their marketing.

How many people have seriously had issues with earbuds with sweat over the years? It's going to be no different with this.

I will likely use them 4-5 days a week doing workouts and it won't cause any issues with sweat. Not sure why people would ever think it would

blairh

macrumors 603
Dec 11, 2007
How many people have seriously had issues with earbuds with sweat over the years? It's going to be no different with this.

I will likely use them 4-5 days a week doing workouts and it won't cause any issues with sweat. Not sure why people would ever think it would
I think you underestimating the importance of sweat resistance in a headphone you use for workouts.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.