Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

MyAppleWorld

macrumors 6502a
Nov 1, 2005
Birmingham, UK
I have only just seen this so i have slammed in an order in the uk and have a 30th December delivery date. I am on leave next week so i will keep an eye on stocks in the retail stores and see if i can get a pair earlier

I think your 30th delivery date is only cos of your location.

When I was ordering mine I compared 3 different post codes because I'm not sure where I'll be next week and all of them came back different.

Ma2k5

macrumors 68030
Dec 21, 2012
London
I'm sure they'll pop up in stores like Currys, John Lewis, etc. by then mate.

I am one of those lucky enough to be getting mine on Monday (and with 10% student discount at that), but I am tempted if John lewis or Currys offer these next week, to buy from them, as they usually allow you to purchase relatively cheap accidental cover.

(My current wireless earphones have been replaced at Curry's 3 times in last 2.5 years! The pair was £150 so it was money well spent on it).

MICHAELSD

macrumors 603
Jul 13, 2008
NJ
They really missed an opportunity here with the EarPods' sound quality. The AirPod sound design is unique, and I assume with higher-end drivers and parts it could sound much better but early reviews suggest Apple didn't focus on that.

Diiiiips

macrumors regular
Mar 2, 2011
They really missed an opportunity here with the EarPods' sound quality. The AirPod sound design is unique, and I assume with higher-end drivers and parts it could sound much better but early reviews suggest Apple didn't focus on that.

Early adopters are buying for the convenience and wow factor. I think in the next model they will concentrate on sound etc. They probably wanted to hit this price point too which wouldn't have been possible if they had better sound quality.

austriak

macrumors regular
Jul 10, 2011

They could end up not being great but I would try them before discounting the sound. First, sound quality is very subjective. Second, most reviewers think that only expensive over ear active noise cancellation headphones are any good.

I've also seen some reviews where they say the sound was improved over the earpod.

Personally, I've wanted wireless headphones for awhile but could never settle on any out on the market. I only use earbuds and I hate in canal earbuds. That has left me with bose and earpods. I tried the bose soundsport wireless and I didn't really think they were comfortable and 6 hours with no charge case stinks. I use earpods all the time so for me, I think airpods will probably be a hit as long as the sound is as good as the earpods, which I actually do like.

Reactions: NT1440

austriak

macrumors regular
Jul 10, 2011
Early adopters are buying for the convenience and wow factor. I think in the next model they will concentrate on sound etc. They probably wanted to hit this price point too which wouldn't have been possible if they had better sound quality.

My prediction is that a second model is years away. I don't see this as a yearly update.

Reactions: MDePew24

toph2toast

macrumors 6502a
Feb 24, 2011
*Takes notes* Okay...
[doublepost=1481679626][/doublepost]
Well, yeah. I'm giving the Airpods a rest. I'll let that prediction come into fruition when it comes, but MacRumors editors SHOULD still be doing stories on how iPhone 6s batteries have failed when people tried to tell them that back last Fall. And MacRumors editors should be counting down the days until those batteries arrive.

That should be the major story of today.

So much for staying quiet until January...
[doublepost=1481723572][/doublepost]
You've been duped. Bamboozled. Lead astray. Run amok. Yall been had bad. And it doesn't look good.

What Apple has done, they said, "The Airpods won't be ready this year, but we'll still take your order" Oops. I mean, "We'll still take your money."

And just like clockwork, you fell right in line. You didn't think twice. Mind you, these are the exact same people that said they didn't care about Airpods. These are the same people who said they wanted 3rd party Bluetooth earphones.

I told yall...

That these Airpods are a disaster in the making. You blindly jumped out and purchased these things.

Why, some of you reached in your pocket, and took a charge on this device, which the website is telling you they should arrive by December 31st. And you signed on the dotted line. I don't want to read any articles about angry Airpods customers. We're trying to sit back and warn you now.

Half of yall blindly put in an order for a product you know you're not getting this year. I told you Apple couldn't do it. They couldn't logistically get Airpods out to you all before the end of the year. I told you they couldn't do it, they have not done it.

The other half of forum members know what I'm saying is true. They're just going to observe. And just like them, I'm just going to sit back and watch.

Because we tried to tell yall. And when it happens, I'm going to say I told you that this situation would play out just like I said it would.

You're still wrong again... Deliveries will start on 12/19/2016 bud... last I checked 12/19/2016 is before 1/1/2017...

Also, where do I fall in this "half and half" post? I don't believe anything you post, but I also didn't order them either... Believe it or not there are more than 2 ways to look at a situation.
[doublepost=1481723829][/doublepost]
And with not a single solitary Airpod in sight, Apple decides they're going to start taking orders anyway.

Actually a lot of tech websites/publications have tried out the Airpods, just like they do with every other Apple product before it goes on sale to the general public... this statement, like many others you make, is 100% false.

MICHAELSD

macrumors 603
Jul 13, 2008
NJ
Gold, Matt Black, Shiny Black, Silver , Rose Gold. All in September with iPhone 8 I predict. Also being as stupidly difficult to buy as the phone itself.

They'll announce them in September, but they won't all ship till June 2018!

AppleRobert

macrumors 603
Nov 12, 2012
Once those Airpods start petering out one-by-one... I don't want to see any threads... I don't want to hear any complaints, I don't want to see any replacement programs. I don't want to hear any of that.

This whole situation is incredibly shady. It's December 13th...

And with not a single solitary Airpod in sight, Apple decides they're going to start taking orders anyway.

Those things were supposed to come out back last Fall. Then they try to parlay this failure and turn it into a marketing opportunity. At this late date.

"Buy Apple accessories as gifts! Just in time!" This is what they did.

All I can say is wow.

Bud, you are in freaking shock. Anyone can just buy and try them, if there are issues or they do not like them they can be returned.

Please go elsewhere, the more you post here the more therapy it seems you need.

Reactions: toph2toast

AppleRobert

macrumors 603
Nov 12, 2012
And when they do, I'm going to ride them.

For what reason, millions of products have been returned for one reason or another. Nothing ventured, nothing gained. I just have a feeling they will be a winning product, I tried some other totally wireless earbuds. The airpods don't cost more, even less than most and going totally wireless was awesome. Most wired earbuds get yanked out of my ears because I am active doing stuff while listening.

Reactions: toph2toast

toph2toast

macrumors 6502a
Feb 24, 2011
And when they do, I'm going to ride them.

What difference does it make if people decide to return them? Are they not allowed to try a product to determine if its right for them? Heck, in one of your own posts you mentioned you returned an Apple Watch and iPhone, right? Funny how its only OK if you do it... how mature.

toph2toast

macrumors 6502a
Feb 24, 2011
What day to expect 1st wave shipping? This week surely?

According to Apple, those who ordered early will get theirs between the 19th and 21st (depending on what country you live in). But if you order now, deliveries are already slipping to 6 weeks.

Antgb84

macrumors 6502
Mar 9, 2013
Rumor has it Super Mario is getting delayed as it's not ready for customers just yet cuzz somewhere somehow Apple managed to f@&$ it up.

Mr.C

macrumors 603
Apr 3, 2011
London, UK.
Rumor has it Super Mario is getting delayed as it's not ready for customers just yet cuzz somewhere somehow Apple managed to f@&$ it up.

I know you're not being serious but fortunately thats not true as I'm looking forward to playing it tomorrow.

Sheza

macrumors 68020
Aug 14, 2010
FYI that 'AirPods are a bad design' article is rather stupid - why wouldn't you have the carrying case on you at all times? It's absolutely tiny, not like the carrying cases of other products such as the PowerBeats, and it charges the AirPods and magnetically sucks them into place easily. So no, no 'fishing around' in my pocket to try to find my one ear bud, they are either going to be in my ears or in the case.

Ma2k5

macrumors 68030
Dec 21, 2012
London
FYI that 'AirPods are a bad design' article is rather stupid - why wouldn't you have the carrying case on you at all times? It's absolutely tiny, not like the carrying cases of other products such as the PowerBeats, and it charges the AirPods and magnetically sucks them into place easily. So no, no 'fishing around' in my pocket to try to find my one ear bud, they are either going to be in my ears or in the case.

This article? http://www.popularmechanics.com/technology/gadgets/a22747/apple-airpods-are-bad-design/

To be honest, I have my AirPods coming Monday and I am getting slight buyers remorse and I haven't even used it. I know it is silly as I could just return them if I don't like it. I suddenly started even looking at the Powerbeats 3 today, which is crazy, but is that just because I know I can't have the Beats-X...

I guess it is the con's of having no wires against the pro's, versus just having that single wire like Bose Sport Wireless, PB3, Beats X et al.

I am not sure how I feel about being forced to use my phone/watch for music controls as I sure as hell won't be using Siri, even if it worked flawlessly, the delay and pausing of music just to increase/decrease volume or change track is just too cumbersome.

Reactions: Antgb84
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.