Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

SoApple

macrumors regular
Sep 21, 2012
So just to confirm... there is a delay when wanting to skip songs or bring up/down the volume from the phone?
That's a bummer.

SeanZy

macrumors 6502a
Dec 29, 2008
The range on these things is ****ing awesome.

I can walk to the kitchen and fully have a connection from my bedroom. That alone is a huge plus for me so when Im grabbing my doritos and mt dew during a long gaming session I can take my favorite anime intro songs with me into the kitchen

thefredelement

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Apr 10, 2012
New York
I still think people need to understand their use case. If I am sitting in my office, with the door open, I will likely use AirPods to listen to music and news briefs easily, and quickly remove one when someone walks in to talk. When around town, shopping, these will be perfect so your not completely isolated. I think when you are working around the house or even at the gym, these will be superior as well.

Now, when I'm on a flight, anywhere but especially overseas .... nothing will replace my Bose ... they are superior sound and much more comfortable ... they certainly are not "take anywhere" unless I want to look like a DJ all over the place.

Now if I'm in my office with the door closed and need to get work done and need to be completely isolated as well, well the Bose fit there as well ... I also have a pair of soundsport Bose for working out, jury is still out if the AirPods can serve this purpose well.

If it fits your use case, get them, they are great, if they don't ... then definitely go for higher quality in Bose.

For the record, I had a pair of Beats to try over Bose, and did not care for them one bit and quickly replaced with another pair of Bose.

The Bose I'm talking about are the in ear model that aren' noise canceling. I'd say the ambient noise is about the same between the air pods and the IE2.

Pairing the Air Pods to my El Cap Mac has been a nightmare, they constantly skip. I guess it's W1 or bust.

LordQ

Suspended
Sep 22, 2012
Gestures should be
  • One tap, play/pause
  • Two taps, skip track
  • Three taps, Siri
Don't know what's Apple thinking.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.