Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

caligurl

macrumors 68040
Jun 8, 2009
socal
i think they are kinda cool... thinking about buying them.....

how do you turn the volume up and down?

Coffee50

macrumors 6502a
Apr 23, 2015
I want to actually see them in person. Not 100% opposed to them though.

Hoping there might be some sort of sale around Christmas time.

UAV

macrumors regular
Jan 11, 2015
they look exactly like the regular ones, but with the wires removed. c'mon apple you could have atleast put 5mins of thought into them

this video sums it up for this year

chriscrowlee

macrumors 65816
Aug 10, 2015
San Diego, CA
This is going to go down as one of the biggest missed opportunities in the history of Apple. So they decided to ditch the headphone jack, in attempts to sway customers to go wireless. Great idea.

So the phone releases September 16. So on September 16 there are going to be millions of people around the world who are going to open their phones and say wow, amazing phone... now for headphones. Sure I could use these cruddy wired lightning headphones, but no, I'm on board, I want to go wireless!

So the customer goes online or goes to the store on the afternoon of September 16... and BAM... Apple can't sell them the EarPods for a MONTH AND A HALF.

So from September 16 for a month and a half until late october at the earliest, people will be getting their new phones and seeking out cool new bluetooth headphones.

Whoever at Apple is responsible for releasing a phone that forces customers to explore new technology a month and a half before apple can offer that as a sale, should. be. fired.

Reactions: Cigsm

freepomme

Suspended
Original poster
Oct 30, 2015
Boston, MA
This is going to go down as one of the biggest missed opportunities in the history of Apple. So they decided to ditch the headphone jack, in attempts to sway customers to go wireless. Great idea.

So the phone releases September 16. So on September 16 there are going to be millions of people around the world who are going to open their phones and say wow, amazing phone... now for headphones. Sure I could use these cruddy wired lightning headphones, but no, I'm on board, I want to go wireless!

So the customer goes online or goes to the store on the afternoon of September 16... and BAM... Apple can't sell them the EarPods for a MONTH AND A HALF.

So from September 16 for a month and a half until late october at the earliest, people will be getting their new phones and seeking out cool new bluetooth headphones.

Whoever at Apple is responsible for releasing a phone that forces customers to explore new technology a month and a half before apple can offer that as a sale, should. be. fired.
And when it happens we can say "I told you so"

bruinsrme

macrumors 604
Oct 26, 2008
I am not a big fan of the airpods.

Waiting for the stories of "My airpods were ripped out of my ears, now what"

matrix07

macrumors G3
Jun 24, 2010

Ha! Egg-Sact-ly! And I don't even order a new phone. Just want to use it with my 6s. So tired of wire.

rockyromero

macrumors 6502
Jul 11, 2015

Agreed.

The timing is off.

I was told at the Apple Store that they will (may) be available on 9/16.

Hopefully.

I want these Airpod computers on a stick.

The possibilities & potential is greater than what I had imagined.

I'll gladly add smart devices that are easy to use.

Easy with everything, especially Apple devices.

chriscrowlee

macrumors 65816
Aug 10, 2015
San Diego, CA
Agreed.

The timing is off.

I was told at the Apple Store that they will (may) be available on 9/16.

Hopefully.

Well considering Tim Cook said they'd be released end of October, I'd take the Apple Store Employee's (they don't know what's arriving until they open the box - they're the last to know about anything) idea that they might magically show up a month and a half early is just silly.

menist

macrumors 6502a
Jun 10, 2010
California
I would consider buying, if it looks like the one in the leaks.

498989-airpods-iphone-smartphone-iphone-7-youtube.jpg

chriscrowlee

macrumors 65816
Aug 10, 2015
San Diego, CA
I'm baffled nobody seems to be making an issue out of bluetooth earbuds. In each ear you have a device that's not onto emitting RF (radiation no matter how little amount) outward, but inward as well. With this type of earbud, there's not only outward communication with your phone, but between the two earbuds the entire time they're in use. What's between the 2 earbuds while in use? Hopefully not a bunch of hot air. I'm not one to fear my own shadow, but it does cause concern.

rockyromero

macrumors 6502
Jul 11, 2015
I'm baffled nobody seems to be making an issue out of bluetooth earbuds. In each ear you have a device that's not onto emitting RF (radiation no matter how little amount) outward, but inward as well.

Yes, it is a concern.

For the young with a developing brain, this may be very harmful.

For an adult brain, not so much.

There are worse traumas that the brain withstands.

Until it doesn't.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.