Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

josielinnea

macrumors regular
Original poster
Dec 15, 2007
Stockholm
I bought a 4-pack of AirTags on launch day and was rather surprised when it didn’t take long at all for the first one to ask for a battery change. But - now the same one is requesting it’s 2nd battery change! What?
The other 3 haven’t needed a single battery change as of yet. The one that is now on it’s third battery is the one on my keys. I also have one in my car, and one on my AirPods and one in my bag. Whenever I leave the house I take the car and sometimes my bag, and whenever I’m home I’ll have contact with 3 out of 4 airtags (not the one in the car).

Anyone else who has one on their keys and has had to do a 2nd battery switch already?

Before anyone asks, yes I changed to a high quality battery the last time..

Reactions: TigerMSTR

waw74

macrumors 601
May 27, 2008
I got the 4 pack on launch day, only used 2 of them so far. (keys and backpack) They both are showing full battery.

I'm still waiting for my work to pick back up, so not out as often, but still do the grocery store or other errands at least every other day, sometimes multiple trips a day. backpack hasn't gone out as much.

you could try removing and re-adding it from your account.

or resetting it and re-adding it - https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT212251

might be worth it to contact support, it might be a problem known to them, and they can replace if needed.

iphonehype

macrumors 65816
Sep 14, 2012
launch days keys no issue. Might be worth Apple Store trip for a replacement?

TigerMSTR

macrumors 6502
Sep 30, 2014
I bought a 4-pack of AirTags on launch day and was rather surprised when it didn’t take long at all for the first one to ask for a battery change. But - now the same one is requesting it’s 2nd battery change! What?
The other 3 haven’t needed a single battery change as of yet. The one that is now on it’s third battery is the one on my keys. I also have one in my car, and one on my AirPods and one in my bag. Whenever I leave the house I take the car and sometimes my bag, and whenever I’m home I’ll have contact with 3 out of 4 airtags (not the one in the car).

Anyone else who has one on their keys and has had to do a 2nd battery switch already?

Before anyone asks, yes I changed to a high quality battery the last time..
I have the exact same issue. I have four AirTags, all purchased and setup on launch day. Three of them show full battery, while the AirTag for my keys is more than half dead. Going to get a warranty replacement on the one that’s dying.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.