Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

chaosbunny

macrumors 68020
I have the 2,8 ghz iMac and as others have said, 30-60 fps during raids or bgs on max settings.

However, I am disappointed that the new quicktime video capture mac only feature still is not working due to these driver issues. It works on my 15" powerbook, but of course fps drop to 2-4 when I use it on the G4. Considering about 40-50% of my processor are bored during WoW, I would love to make some pvp & first kill videos, and maybe even a machinima.

Anyone knows if we can expect better drivers with leopard? or 10.4.11? Maybe our friend who works at blizzard? :)

Stridder44

macrumors 68040
Mar 24, 2003
California
Would a 20" iMac with 4GB of ram run well with all the addons I have running? (about 45MB worth of addons)

HAHAHAHAHA if by "would" you mean "would bend WoW over and make it ask you 'thank you sir can i have another sir'", then yes. It should run flawlessly (60 fps) with all settings maxed. If the iMac can't do that then ATI really does suck at providing decent drivers.

Anyone knows if we can expect better drivers with leopard? or 10.4.11? Maybe our friend who works at blizzard? :

It's not Blizzard, they already said they optimized WoW as much as they could for OS X. It's not OS X either, it's the lousy ATI drivers. My friend had the same problem with his ATI Radeon x1950 Pro in XP. Great card, terrible drivers. If I remember correctly though, Apple said they'd be coming out with a fix for the issues. Leopard should show improvements too.

AppleWoW

macrumors regular
Original poster
Sep 22, 2007
SLC, Utah
I've been reading up in the forums and Blizz says that ATI and AMD are working very hard (dont know if thats true or not) to come out with some better ATI Mac drivers. Since Apple has been busy with Leopard I think ATI took the time to go on vacation. Apple will soon be on them (I hope) along with Blizzard to come out with some better drivers.

Mantronix

macrumors regular
Apr 21, 2007
Louisiana
Being an avid WoW player and soon to be iMac owner I hope ATI will fix the driver issues. My current Windows box (AMD 64 3200, 1.5gig of ram, x800 pro and Windows XP) is starting to show it's age and I'm pushing 15-20 FPS (max settings) during raids.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.