Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

saturnotaku

macrumors 68000
Mar 4, 2013
@e93to Have you submitted a support request/ticket to Feral Interactive for this issue? They are really good about responding to such reports.

e93to

macrumors 6502a
Jan 23, 2015
Toronto
@e93to Have you submitted a support request/ticket to Feral Interactive for this issue? They are really good about responding to such reports.

I think the game doesn't work because my iMac is old... It requires at least 1gb vram (2gb recommended). My iMac has 512mb or so..

Suture

macrumors 65816
Feb 22, 2007
I'm enjoying the game so far. Almost halfway through from what I understand. Lots of tense moments -- I like these kinds of games. Turn out the lights and put on the headphones.

Irishman

macrumors 68040
Nov 2, 2006
I think the game doesn't work because my iMac is old... It requires at least 1gb vram (2gb recommended). My iMac has 512mb or so..

Sometimes system requirements are more of a suggestion. I have an iMac of the same vintage as you, and I can run the Metro Redux games. Now, that's at about 10-15 fps, but they're playable.

I don't know if Alien Isolation has similar flexibility or not.

e93to

macrumors 6502a
Jan 23, 2015
Toronto
Sometimes system requirements are more of a suggestion. I have an iMac of the same vintage as you, and I can run the Metro Redux games. Now, that's at about 10-15 fps, but they're playable.

I don't know if Alien Isolation has similar flexibility or not.

I also had Metro Redux.... They ran terribly (almost 1 fps). I waited for the update/fix (apparently only NVIDIA Macs are affected), but after 3 months I gave up. I requested for refund on Steam, and I got my money back.

Maybe I should contact Feral about the gameplay. They could release an update

Huntn

macrumors Core
May 5, 2008
The Misty Mountains
As anyone had the nerve to play this? I have it in my Steam Library (PC version) that I bought on sale for like $5, but I just have not had the nerve to play it, lol. :)

jeanlain

macrumors 68020
Mar 14, 2009
I first played it on novice difficulty. The atmosphere was great but I found the game too long and repetitive. Restarting after being killed gets annoying.
To enjoy the atmosphere without being bothered by the alien, I replayed it with a mod that makes the alien ignore you.

Huntn

macrumors Core
May 5, 2008
The Misty Mountains
I first played it on novice difficulty. The atmosphere was great but I found the game too long and repetitive. Restarting after being killed gets annoying.
To enjoy the atmosphere without being bothered by the alien, I replayed it with a mod that makes the alien ignore you.
If you get killed you start over? Or can you revert to a previous save?

jeanlain

macrumors 68020
Mar 14, 2009
If you get killed you start over? Or can you revert to a previous save?
Of course you don't start all over, since the alien kills you in one hit. But the last save (at a checkpoint) can be be a long time ago. You may also die a lot in difficult areas.

Reactions: Huntn
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.