Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

afsnyder

macrumors 65816
Jan 7, 2014
iOS 9 defaults the keyboard to showing the visual key presses rather than Character Preview (you can still turn it on in Settings/General/Keyboard) and I don't see why that won't be available for the iPod Touch.

As far as Proactive, I don't think it's available for iPhone 4s but not sure about he iPod Touch. It does have an A5 processor like the iPhone 5, but it's clocked at a slower speed so it may not be able to handle some processor intensive features.

The iPhone 5 has an A6 processor not A5...

!!!

macrumors 6502a
Aug 5, 2013
I upgraded my iPod touch to iOS 9 Beta 2, but was surprised to find out that almost none of the features touted at the keynote are available. So far I've noticed these are missing:
  • Character preview option (Character preview has been a feature since iOS 1.0 and now they're not letting you to get it back on the iPod touch?)
  • Scrubber in Photos (Yet the Tips app tells you it's there—see attachments below)
  • Proactive assistant
  • Drawing and checklist in Notes
I hope I'm wrong, but Apple seems to be leaving out most of the features from the device.

View attachment 564053 View attachment 564054
Welcome to Apple's love of iPod touch!
They always seem to use the cheapest hardware. I hope the 6th generation finally gets better hardware that can last more than a year.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.