Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

HariSeldon

macrumors newbie
May 27, 2004

Abu Reno

macrumors newbie
Feb 28, 2004
30' NTSC AS WELL

From what I've been hearing. THe 30" Display is not only CPU moniter but has an NTSC input!!!!! I hope this true. I can switch back and forth on my projects now. :)

JFreak

macrumors 68040
Jul 11, 2003
Tampere, Finland
Eple said:
What about dropping the 17", and getting a widescreen 18" instead that would be cheaper than the current 17"

...or just make the 17" a widescreen model, maybe using the same panel as 17" imac and 17" powerbook. it could be cheaper, yes, but were it widescreen, the price would even stay the same.

Peyote

macrumors 6502a
Apr 11, 2002
Abu Reno said:
From what I've been hearing. THe 30" Display is not only CPU moniter but has an NTSC input!!!!! I hope this true. I can switch back and forth on my projects now. :)

The 30" itself is a rumor, then you're adding more rumors to that rumor about NTSC. I'm curious where you've been hearing that there will definately be a 30" and where you heard it will have NTSC

grneyedjay

macrumors member
May 19, 2004
Will it scratch as easy as the powerbooks?

also:
don't knock the G4 cube. it's my spaceship out of here....wait, no i'm thinking of the airport EXTREME base station...

homerjward

macrumors 68030
May 11, 2004
fig tree
cheap displays

i dont know why yall are saying the 23" display is expensive. i was looking at prices for monitors of comparable size/resolution and it's actually the lowest price i could find. sony has one for ~2500, LG's is ~3000 and of course eyegonomics i wont even start on. coughridiculouscough. :rolleyes: ibm has an awesome monitor that's way better than anything apple would ever make but it's even proprietaryer than apple's. it only works w/ ibm workstations only w/ a certain quadro vpu, but anyway. apple has an awesome monitor for a good price so we should be darn happy with what we have and not complain that we dont have a 512x384 megapixel display that can be seen from space and costs 25 cence. you have to be realistic. apple is limited by lcd technology and pricing. however, there are oled's... :cool:

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.