Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

TiggrToo

macrumors 601
Original poster
Aug 24, 2017
This started just yesterday - my Prime app seems to take great umbrage about playing videos on my 13.1 9.7" iPad Pro.

Sometimes it'll play just a second or two before returning back to the menu, other times I can get about 10 minutes.

I've rebooted but it still seems glitchy. Gonna uninstall next and try to reinstall it, but this has got me a tish perplexed.

This happens irrespective of if the video is streamed, or downloaded. I thought I was having better luck on Airplane mode until I touched the screen and apparently pissed it off again.

Netflix etc. all seem to be totally fine - it's just Amazon Prime that's in a snot.

Anyone here any ideas etc.?

Edit: Reinstall didn't help. Problem also seems to be on my iPhone 7+.

Oddly it seems fine on my wife's iPhone 7+ which is also on 13.1. I also tried deregistering my iPad and logging in on that as her. Still no dice (I'm the main account holder).

Currently it seems fine on my Roku, so there's that I suppose.

Last edited:

sparksd

macrumors G3
Jun 7, 2015
Seattle WA
On the iPad, I quit using the Prime Video app and switched to using Safari and the Prime web site; the app will only stream at 720p while the web site will stream 1080p. I just added a shortcut to my Prime watchlist to my front page. The app does work on my 12.9 Pro on 13.4.1.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.