Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

EgbertAttrick

macrumors regular
Original poster
Feb 25, 2008
I am having a strange problem with Amazon Prime Video. I just don’t know where to look to start diagnosing/repairing.

Simply, the APV app just stopped working in various ways on my Apple TVs and on iOS apps, but only over WiFi. If I load the APV app on my cell, it works fine. But on WiFi, nope.

But THEN... if I open APV from my smart TV’s Amazon app... works fine. So, it seems my internet provider? But how would they block it to just my Apple products?

I thought it may be the app itself, but it works not on the iOS apps, not on my 3rd OR 4th generation Apple TV.

Following are the errors:

Apple TV (3rd generation): black screen, Accessing Prime Video, white loading spinner, hangs indefinitely.

Apple TV (4th generation 4K): Internet connectivity problem. There’s an Internet connection problem. Check the device’s Internet settings, data cables, or try restarting your router. Also, turning your device off, and then back on might fix the problem. For further assistance, please contact Amazon Customer Service at...

iPhone 7 Plus: Playback Error. We’re unable to connect to Amazon Video. Please verify your device’s Internet connection.

iPad Mini: Same as iPhone.

Any ideas? Or, is this happening to anyone else?

Again, it’s just when on ISP. And only on Apple devices. And it’s been all day.

Thanks in advance!

mallbritton

macrumors 65816
Nov 26, 2006
I know this won't work for the Apple TV 3rd gen. but have you deleted and reinstalled the app on the other devices? That has generally fixed odd problems for me.

For the 3rd gen. Apple TV, if you haven't done so already be sure and pull the power plug to restart it.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.