Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Rookie42

macrumors member
Original poster
Feb 8, 2017
Surrey, UK
ATV tvOS 14 update installed... all seems good so far, except Amazon Prime video x-ray feature. When tapping the touch remote, the progress bar comes up along with the base x-ray info... but the swipe up for details doesn't seem to do anything. Tried pausing, and still nothing. There doesn't appear to be any way of opening the full x-ray detail screen.

Anyone else seen this problem?

Reactions: srbNYC

Rookie42

macrumors member
Original poster
Feb 8, 2017
Surrey, UK
You're probably right... or until Apple fix it...

Now I've even lost the base info... unless that's an issue with the episodes I'm watching.

2010mini

macrumors 601
Jun 19, 2013
I thought it was just certain content.. thanks for the info. Hope Amazon fixes this soon.

MacManiac76

macrumors 68000
Apr 21, 2007
Arizona
Still no fix for this issue to date. No X-ray working at all on any shows or movies I have tried it on. The Prime Video app on my LG 4K TV is showing the X-ray info just fine. I don’t think it is an app issue on the Apple TV as there has not been an update to the app in several months. Most likely a server side issue on Amazon’s part that they have yet to rectify. I know for a fact the X-ray feature was working at least a couple weeks ago when I was watching content that it worked on.

waw74

macrumors 601
May 27, 2008
I don’t think it is an app issue on the Apple TV as there has not been an update to the app in several months.
there was an update, the OS

apple changed the interface just a bit in iOS 14, and somehow it broke whatever amazon was doing.
They'll need to update the app after making in work in the new OS

MacManiac76

macrumors 68000
Apr 21, 2007
Arizona
The X-ray feature has started coming back on a few shows for me recently, so I think they are in the process of bringing it back all together.

Reactions: srbNYC

Rookie42

macrumors member
Original poster
Feb 8, 2017
Surrey, UK
It works! :)
Just started watching now... and it's working. tvOS 14.0.2 - I assume there's been an update to the app.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.